47.

airie hummed softly as she vacuumed the carpet in the living room, having a moment of peace to herself; she'd been answering customer service emails, sending out orders, and clearing out emails for the majority of her saturday morning, starting so...

airie hummed softly as she vacuumed the carpet in the living room, having a moment of peace to herself; she'd been answering customer service emails, sending out orders, and clearing out emails for the majority of her saturday morning, starting somewhere around 6:30 am. it was great to do something she wanted to do for once, and even taking the time to clean up around her house after the last few weeks was more than needed. she felt the mend in her heart starting to repair itself little by little; and she was more than okay with the progress. it didn't bother her how she was healing, because this time, she was in charge of her healing. she still hadn't unblocked aubrey, but she figured that it was what it was, and that she would get to that point when she was ready. she was even pretty okay with the idea of aubrey being present at amari and deelo's baby shower, since it wasn't for another few months that they'd see each other again; they'd probably speak once or twice and then keep it moving, maybe interact a few times, and she was fine with that.

she tapped on her phone to change the song before seeing a text from valerie.

from: valmoney
let's go to the bar tonight!!!! $5 margaritas!!! bitch i will pay!

airie burst into laughter when she read the text, looking at the clock as it ticked to 12, shrugging her shoulders; it had been a few weeks since she last went out for drinks, and even more to the fact that it didn't have anything to do with her business. she smiled as she sent her back a gif with 'you got it', laying her phone back on the table. she could get a little bit cute, have a good time with her best friend, and come home and get some sleep; she may take the chance to see what landon was up to, but other than that, she felt like her day was settled.

--

"you wanted to talk?" aubrey asked as he entered marissa place, swinging his keys into his pocket just as jaxson waddled over to him. "yea," she answered, watching him pick him up and press a kiss to his head, drowning him in a playful hug that made jaxson laugh. it was a little out of the ordinary for her to be the one initiating the conversation this time, and he could tell that something was on her mind. they'd been trying the whole...relationship thing, or at least trying to be parents together, and even marissa could tell that it wasn't going to work out. she cared about him, she loved him, but they worked better apart.

he followed her to the kitchen, leaning back against the counter as he held jaxson, looking over at her. "what's on your mind?"

"me and you," she answered quickly as she looked over at him, pressing her hand on her hip and exhaling softly. she didn't really want to be the one to bring the conversation up, but she knew they needed to have it; they couldn't go along pretending like it was going to work. besides, the only time they texted each other was asking when they were going to pick up jaxson, if one another was coming to stay over, or planning for outings. and even then, there was a sort of robotic-ness about the conversation that she couldn't stand.