32.

"so you don't have anyone in mind that could have done this?" the police officer asked airie with his notepad out and pen ready to write, airie not having to rack her brain for long to think of some names

"so you don't have anyone in mind that could have done this?" the police officer asked airie with his notepad out and pen ready to write, airie not having to rack her brain for long to think of some names. "my ex, i just got a restraining order granted against him, and also a woman named jalissa...white. jalissa white. other than that, i don't know who could've done it." she shrugged her shoulders, sighing and rubbing her hand across her face as she watched her car get pulled up to be towed since she couldn't drive it. out of all the things on her mind, she just knew her insurance was going to spike like hell, she knew she was going to have to pay a hefty penny to get a rental, and she was wondering if hayden had followed her here or if...jalissa had done a late night drive by.

"mm, and what's your exes name?"

"hayden abels," she answered as she moved her hands to pull her jeans up over her waist and adjust her bag on her shoulder. "alright, alright. we'll take a look, do some phone calls, and get back to you. here, write your number here," the officer passed her the note pad and she scribbled her number down on it, thanking him and brushing her fingers through her hair to touch on her scalp when she felt a headache coming on. now that she wasn't going in to work, she was moreso pissed and wanting to find out who, exactly, had keyed and popped her car like that. just as she was about to call valerie, aubrey came jogging outside with jax still sleeping, covered in a blanket.

"any ideas?" he asked, tilting his head. she shook her head, pressing her hand on her hip, "only hayden and jalissa popped into mind. i don't know who else, i don't have that many people that don't like me," she sighed and reached up to cover jax's shoulder with the blanket when it slipped down just a little. 

"well," he started as he looked at her, noting the pure frustration and irritation all over her face, "you can take my car, if you want. just incase you have anything pertinent to do, just take my car-"

"what? no, i can't do that."

"and why not?" he asked as he looked down at her, raising his eyebrows up.

she blinked and tilted her head, knitting her eyebrows, "because it's your car. i can't just take it-"

"and you're my girlfriend. just take the damn car, airie," he huffed and reached to pinch her cheek, airie huffing and rubbing her cheek. "i didn't know we were at the point in our relationship where you'd let me drive your car," she mumbled as she watched her car get towed away, sighing to herself and knowing she'd have to call the rental company later on. "well, you met my mom, the mother of my child, and my child. i'd like to think we're at that point," he answered as they headed back inside so she could grab the keys to his car. "you don't have to be so scared to ask for help, you know."

she stopped as she grabbed the keys, sighing softly and looking up at him. "it's less about asking you for help and more about me trying to figure things out on my own."

"you don't have to figure everything out on your own. i'm here," he answered, knitting his eyebrows at her, adjusting jax in his arms.

"well, when you're not here, i still have to know how to fix everything. i'll see you when i get back," she quickly cut the conversation short, knowing where it was headed. she kissed his cheek and he watched her leave out quietly, sighing and shaking his head. he figured she was still upset about her car, which any person would honestly be; who the hell just decides that you're just going to key their shit like that? it made no sense to him.