29.

airie huffed softly as she pulled the blanket over her chest, rolling so her back faced aubrey, away from the sunlight peeking in the room; he followed, turning and moving his arm under the blanket around her waist to pull her close to him

airie huffed softly as she pulled the blanket over her chest, rolling so her back faced aubrey, away from the sunlight peeking in the room; he followed, turning and moving his arm under the blanket around her waist to pull her close to him. she exhaled softly and moved her hand to softly run along his arm, him squeezing her a little bit tighter, his face tucking against her neck and his lips pressing a kiss to her shoulder. neither one of them said much for the moment, just holding onto each other and letting the morning sink in. it was only 10-something; there was no need to rush, no need to run about, no need to hop up immediately. they were both comfortable where they were. they were happy where they were.

"airie," he whispered against her skin to get her attention, a soft hum leaving her lips in response, her fingers sliding down his arm to his hand to lace her fingers through his before he spoke. "i want you to meet my mom."

her eyes fluttered open and she blinked a few times to clear her vision, looking over her shoulder at him, "what?"

"i said i wanted you to meet my mom. i think we're getting to the point where we do stuff like that," he gave her a little smile, airie giving him a smile in return, sighing through her nose and speaking softly afterwards. "i think...i think it's a good idea. i mean, you've already met armond, he's like my heart, besides my mom. but we'll save a trip to huntsville for that."

"i like the idea of that," he answered and pressed another kiss to her shoulder, cuddling into her once more. he appreciated being with her like this. it was warm; it was comforting. even from their conversation last night and coming to a common ground for the both of them, it made sense where they were. while he wasn't 100% ready for fatherhood, he knew he could figure something out with her. she felt like they could figure something out. she was comfortable again, in his arms, being in his presence, and even just being close to him. there was a silent agreement to comfortably be one with one another; after revisiting the 'what are we' conversation, it was set in stone what exactly they were.

the air surrounding the two of them was more calm, collected than it had ever been. it wouldn't quite be called love yet, it wasn't infatuation, but it was something indescribable that worked with the two of them.

"hey," airie mumbled and gently squeezed his hand to get his attention, aubrey opening his eyes and looking up at her, "what's up?"

"thank you."

he blinked. "for what?"

"still choosing to chase after me even when i kept jumping up and running off. still choosing to chase after me like an idiot," she joked and opened her eyes to give him a small, aubrey laughing and running his fingers along her waist and tucking his head by her neck again before speaking. "sometimes my stupid ideas make sense in the end."

they laid there like that for a few moments longer since airie didn't have to work for the day before deciding to get up, throw some clothes on, and go out for the day. it was a pretty day; cold, but pretty. he felt calm riding around with her; the way she hummed to music she liked, how she'd surprised him by knowing all the words to 'lemonade' by gucci mane, how she ignited this sense of comfort within him. she was the one he'd imagined, night and day, would be the girl that changed his mind, the girl that stirred his heart. usually, he'd be the main one to run and kiss and tell about who he was messing with, who he had had sex with, but he didn't feel the need to do that with her. he...liked their privacy. he adored it, actually. he liked no one knowing who he was seeing, no one knew who had him falling head over heels.