50.

aubrey pulled up to the address armond had sent, parking along the street

aubrey pulled up to the address armond had sent, parking along the street. the entire ride down to huntsville he had been past the point of nervous; he didn't know how this conversation was supposed to go, he didn't know what to expect or even how to word himself to armond. he just knew he had to show up to make a point, because he was sure airie would hear about it eventually.

he smoothed his hands over the wheel and then over his legs before he got out of his car, making his way up to the brick house, a sunflower yellow 1976-camaro sitting in the garage and a black jeep sitting next to it, a few tool boxes scattered near the side walls and a flat rolling chair near the front of the camaro. he sighed as he walked up to the door, knocking on the screen door; it didn't take much for armond to come to the door. he looked just like his little sister; the only difference, was he had a short, faded cut and was much taller. "wassup," he answered and reached his hand out, aubrey and him dapping each other up before he let him inside.

armond led him through the spotless home, a corner full of baby toys in the living room and a few pictures of him, his siblings, his parents, and presumably his girlfriend and daughter hanging up on the walls. he stopped once they got to the kitchen, inviting him to sit down, armond sitting with him.

"so you tell me what happened, because," armond paused to rest his arm on his kitchen table, looking over at the individual in front of him. "pud- airie, told me that you messed around with your baby moms, and did some other shit. so tell me what's up, because i know sometimes she just runs everything together in one go."

aubrey moved a hand to rub on his neck as he sat back in the chair. he detailed their first incident, the jalissa incident, then the second, the second jalissa incident, then the third, finding out about his kid, then the fourth, which included the third jalissa incident, him telling her he'd kissed marissa, and the explosive argument at the bar. he made sure to recall any details, including all the things he'd done, how he made her feel, at least what he knew, and how he could tell he stressed airie terribly when things were bad; but when they were good, they were perfect.

"i wouldn't be surprised if she never wanted to be with me again; i fucked up, and i know i fucked up. she was always so patient with me, you know, working with marissa -- she even got my little man something for his birthday and we had long broken up at that point. she opened up to me and told me things i'd never had anyone tell me before, and i..."

"you wanted to be a family with your baby moms and forgot all about how that would make her feel. now let me ask you something," he asked as he leaned over a bit more, aubrey getting a decent look at the sleeve of tattoos on his arm. "you ever thought about having a family with my little sister?"

aubrey blinked; he pursed his lips and exhaled slowly, looking through his mind for the answer. he couldn't even lie; he'd thought about little ones that belonged to him and airie running around all over the place. he'd thought about how cute she would be pregnant, barefoot and waddling around all over the place. he thought about how they'd share a close moment in the event of becoming parents, what it would be like, in general.