30.

"i just wanted to apologize," jalissa spoke as she sat in the chair in front of airie, airie looking over some papers when she heard her speak

"i just wanted to apologize," jalissa spoke as she sat in the chair in front of airie, airie looking over some papers when she heard her speak. she stopped, blinking a few times and looking up at her. unable to help herself, she burst out laughing, jalissa knitting her eyebrows as she peered over at her; airie knew this had to be some kind of stupid ass fluke, some kind of toxic back and forth to get her to accept her as a friend so she could get close to aubrey again. was it jealousy talking? for the most part, yes, but she also knew what kind of vindictive individual she could be. 

"i don't see what's funny-"

"you are," airie snorted and moved a hand to push some hair out of her face, smiling a bit afterwards. "i know what you're doing."

"what am i doing?"

"don't play dumb."

"i'm not playing dumb," jalissa feigned ignorance as she peeked over at her, pursing her lips and crossing her arms over her chest. "that, right there. that's playing dumb. girl, get out of my office," airie held her giggles in and smiled to herself as she looked over at the girl sitting in front of her. jalissa gritted her teeth and sighed, "fine. i just wanted to play nice with you but i see how it is."

airie blinked, holding in another laugh and holding her hand up, "hold up, hold up- play nice with me? explain that one to me, i really want to hear it."

"well," jalissa started, tilting her head to the side. "you're just going to be another one of his flings. he dates these girls, treats them all nice, tells them he loves them to make them feel all good, playing captain save-a-hoe, and then at the slightest inconvenience, he'll ghost you and leave you high and dry. and god forbid you meet his mom, everybody knows he's a mama's boy."

airie just looked at her, purely amused by all of this. all over...a man. some dick. she couldn't believe it, partially, that she was even sitting in her chair, listening to jalissa absolutely lose it like this. it was funny to her; it felt like she was in college again.

"and if that happens to me, then so be it. i'm grown, i don't chase dick that doesn't want me," she gave her a smile; the kind that you'd do when you knew you'd won, a sarcastic, cheshire smile. jalissa gritted her teeth, standing up and fixing her bag over her shoulder. "well, have fun playing step-mom, until he leaves you."

"i will. bye jalissa," airie waved her hand at her and smiled politely as jalissa made her way out, airie soon letting out a little laugh and rubbing a hand across her forehead. is this what her life had come to? the occasional run-in with someone who didn't know what 'leave me alone' meant? figuring out how to get her to get the hell on somewhere? she was pulled from her thoughts when her phone rung, looking down at the screen; the name of the distributor she'd been in contact with was calling. she scrambled to answer, clearing her throat before answering. "hey, hello, this is airie speaking."

"hello ms. henderson," the voice started on the opposite end, airie grabbing her notepad just incase she needed to write something down. "we just wanted to let you know that production is starting this week, and you'll have your first samples by the end of the month."