ɴɪɴᴇ.

"i haven't talked to her in a while, haven't seen her around either," aubrey answered after he'd ate a fry, shrugging his shoulder and looking across the table at his friend deelo

"i haven't talked to her in a while, haven't seen her around either," aubrey answered after he'd ate a fry, shrugging his shoulder and looking across the table at his friend deelo. deelo sucked his teeth a little bit and waved his hand a bit. "man, let her go. she ghosted you, right? why you still chasing shorty? did she give you some fire pussy or something?"

aubrey grabbed his cup to take a sip of his lemonade, looking over at him and deelo eventually burst into his loud, record worthy laugh. "so she did!" aubrey joined him in laughter and rubbed his hand down his face and spoke. "man, if you had it, you'd be trying to keep her ass around too. between that and just...who she is, she makes you want to get to know her. but it's hard because i fucked up and she not trying to hear a nigga shit."

"what you mean, 'fucked up'? y'all weren't together, so what you mean?"

"we were talking. she was feeling me, i was feeling her, then you remember that weirdo jalissa? i was getting some from her and then i was just gonna tell her to bounce, but she came over in the middle-"

"did she see anything?"

"nah, but i came to the door covered in sweat and looking like i just had sex. she knew. so, she dipped on me," he shrugged, not going into too much detail about just how intense the moment was between him and airie. he really hadn't heard from her since the day he asked her to talk, nor had he seen her out and about; it was almost as if she disappeared off the face of the earth and never existed. it hurt a little, but he had to remind himself again and again that they had only been talking for a little bit, that it wasn't imminently nailed down what they expected out of each other and what they wanted from each other.

"she dipped on my mans," deelo shook his head and aubrey gave him a look, pursing his lips a little bit. "man, look, how about we head out to the club this weekend? you found shorty in a club, you can probably find another one. you know how you get in the club," deelo answered and shrugged his shoulders.

"how do i get in the club?"

"you see a girl, you wanna be mister save a hoe, and you catch feelings. you know what i mean," he raised his eyebrows at him and aubrey smoothed a hand over his face. "i didn't come out to eat to be dragged like that," he laughed a little bit and deelo nudged him in the arm. "nah, sometimes you gotta hear about yourself for it to all make sense. if she come back into your life, then she come back; if she don't, she don't. but don't get so hung up on her like you did with leah."

"leah...from savannah? bro you still remember her?"

"of course i do; i'll never forget that whole situation with you two, how she tried to lie on your family and tried to get that restraining order."

"that shit was wild," he shook his head and pulled at his chin hairs, eating another fry. "i haven't seen her since that whole thing-"

"don't you get yo' dumbass home and text that girl."