22.

airie scribbled on her ipad as she sat in her room, the screen covered in various different designs; some basic pieces, some more stand out pieces

airie scribbled on her ipad as she sat in her room, the screen covered in various different designs; some basic pieces, some more stand out pieces. she was meeting with a distributor later in the day to look at their production team, designing company, and eventual cost and sale. she was nervous -- more than nervous, to be fair. she finally felt comfortable enough in her home to work on sketches of clothes again, to get to her eventually creating her own fashion label. she knew it would work out in her favor, but it was still the thought of actually putting herself out there and becoming the one who was in charge of everything; she was used to being in charge, but used to being in charge under someone else. now? she was going to be in charge of everything.

and the hardest part wasn't even trying to design the clothes; it was coming up with a name. even now, she still didn't have a name in mind for what she wanted to call the company. she'd exhausted all her options (without the dramatics), and couldn't find anything. she didn't want to name it after herself, she didn't want to name it something basic or something that people would flip right over. she wanted something that would stand out even a little and make people want to look at what they had to offer. she had a list written down with a bunch of different names, some crossed out, some with little stars next to them for her to come back to later.

she was pulled from her thoughts when she heard her phone buzzing, picking it up and valerie's name coming across the screen. she tilted her head to the side as she picked it up, swapping screens. "hi miss lady," she answered, looking through the names again, valerie speaking afterwards. "hey, hey. how's it going in the new place?"

"so far? pretty good, actually. it's really quiet on this side of town, so girl, all i've been doing is trying to get this stuff off the ground for my clothing line."

"you decided on a name yet?"

"absolutely not," she snorted, valerie following her and laughing. "ai, you got a myriad of things. have you thought of something like- maybe not english?"

"maybe not english? like what?"

"i don't know, after a greek goddess or something. you know- like gaia, hera, or something about the muses."

airie sat there for a moment and hummed, looking through the names and speaking afterwards, "how about like...the muse boutique? like the place you go to get the clothes you desire or something like that. i could have nine signature styles, because there's nine of them."

"are you writing this down?"

"i am, i am. or like...the muse label. one of those."

"well," valerie paused, a little bit of shuffling going on in the background. "either one is good. I like both of them."

after spending another hour or so on the phone with valerie, they hung up and airie went back to creating sketches and humming along to the music playing through her speaker. when 5 rolled around, she gathered herself, putting on an outfit that would hopefully give off the vibe she hoped to achieve; luxury, but at an attainable demand. she pulled on a white, long sleeve, off the shoulder dress that hugged certain parts and were loose in other places. it came down to her ankles, so, she added a pair of heels that would give her some height. she knew this was one of those instances where she had to look her best to sell the idea and the label to the best of her ability, and hopefully bring it to fruition by the end of the year.