23.

the two rode in the car in silence, aubrey eventually getting tired of driving in silence and turning on his bluetooth to give the two of them music on the drive there

the two rode in the car in silence, aubrey eventually getting tired of driving in silence and turning on his bluetooth to give the two of them music on the drive there. it wasn't like she was going to say anything, and he wasn't either. both of them were quite...annoyed? maybe irritated with one another, but not enough to the point where they didn't want to be around each other. he was moreso upset that she was upset, but chose not to press it any futher.

once they got to the bowling alley, airie grabbed her bag and got out the car without a word, aubrey cutting his eyes at her and getting out the car quick enough to catch up to her and grab her hand and pull her back to a corner outside where they wouldn't be heard or very much so seen. "airie," he started, his voice stiff and his eyebrows knitted as he looked at her. "i know you're irritated and pissed off, but i need you to fix it before we get in here. we can talk about it later."

she blinked and raised her eyebrows at him, clenching her jaw temporarily. "first of all, i can act however i want to, i'm a grown ass woman. just because i don't feel like talking to you or about this right now, doesn't mean i'm about to go in here and act an ass."

"then can you at least fix your damn face?"

"and if i don't?" she asked, pulling her hand away from him to cross her arms over her chest. he exhaled softly and leaned down by her ear, whispering so he wouldn't have to buck up on her. "keep it up. i dare you." he pulled back and clenched his jaw, airie's schtick faltering just a little before she rolled her eyes at him and turned around so they could head inside the alley. she knew what he was talking about, but even still; she was going to stay mad about it because of the fact that he hid it from her in the way he did. "are you coming or are you just gonna stand there?" she asked, her voice tinged with sarcasm. he exhaled softly and caught up to her, holding the door open for her to head inside so they could meet up and introduce everyone to one another.

"hey pretty girlllll!" amari sung as she saw airie walking in with aubrey trailing not too far behind, airie giving a cheshire smile and heading over to her friends to hug them, aubrey coming over to wave and speak. "i'm gonna go find my boys, i'll be back," he answered and looked down at airie, the two of them exchanging much of a tense glance before he went on to find his boys. when airie turned around, all three of them gave her a knowing look and she shook her head, doing a cutting motion on her throat. "talk about it later. i want to kick him in the nuts at the moment, but i'm only playing nice for right now."

"oof, okay," bria answered and shook her head, the four waiting in their spot for aubrey and his friends. all over 5 minutes later, he came back with three friends; deelo, marc, and van. airie waved as he introduced them, soon taking her turn to introduce everyone one by one. once everyone had gotten acquainted and gotten their shoes, they made their way to the lane. it honestly seemed like everyone was having a good time, cracking jokes even before they had any liquor in their system, getting along with one another like they had been friends before they met for the night.