19.

"let me handle it," aubrey answered and gently pushed airie off of him, airie's eyes widening as he stood up and headed to the door

"let me handle it," aubrey answered and gently pushed airie off of him, airie's eyes widening as he stood up and headed to the door. she blinked and sprung up, grabbing his arm to pull him back. "aubrey, no, let me-"

"airie, no! because who the fuck comes to somebody's door like that at 9 in the morning on a goddamn saturday on some fucking bullshit like that?"

"just let me talk to him, please. please, aubrey," she answered softly as she looked up at him, aubrey's lips pursing. "please, just wait in the living room, so he can't see you."

"you don't want him to see me?" he asked, his voice lowering some as he looked at her, raising his eyebrows. "what he gone do? try to fuck you up or some shit?" airie gulped softly when he asked, averting her eyes and mumbling, "just let me talk to him."

"you out of your goddamn mind," he snatched his arm away from her, not harshly at all, but just enough so he could make his way to the door. airie tried to catch him before he swung the door open. "bro, what the fuck is your problem?"

"and who the fuck are you supposed to be?" hayden asked, his eyebrows knitting, before he burst into laughter. aubrey stared at him confused, knitting his own eyebrows and snarling one side of his lips up; hayden kept laughing, airie standing behind aubrey and moving his arm out of the way so she could stand beside him. he shot her a look, pushing her behind him. "oh, i see, you got some new dick, huh? you got tired of being all alone, being a miserable ass bitch?"

"don't call her a bitch," aubrey spoke, raising his eyebrows up.

"a-aubrey, come back, let me-" he turned his head to shoot daggers her way, his face flattening and void of any readable expression. she had never seen him look like that, not even when she'd told him about her drinks with jalissa.

"oh, word? how you gone kick a nigga in the nuts when i'm just trying to love you again? not answer my calls? but i see it's because you fucking another nigga, thinking you bold-"

everything was then a very bright blur; arms went flying, fists hit faces, and there was scuffling. there was also yelling, airie trying to pull aubrey off of him when she saw blood hit the pavement, not knowing exactly who it was coming from, but she wanted to stop the fight as soon as possible before her neighbors saw, any cops were called, or before anybody got too hurt. "get off of him!" airie yelled, quite clearly distressed, having started crying and shaking, trying her best to hold off an impending panic attack of some sort.

it was a little too late for that, when one of her neighbors came rushing over, helping her pull the two of them apart. "imma fuck you up, airie! since you think you can get this pussy ass lover boy to keep you safe! i got something for both of y'all!"

"i wish the fuck you would," aubrey spoke and wiped his lip, getting a little bit of blood on his sleeve. airie pulled him inside, hayden pushing her neighbor off and touching his cheek, wiping a bit of blood from his cheek. "imma catch both of y'all. watch me."