56.

"you were thinking of moving out of atlanta?" aubrey asked as he peered over at airie as she tapped on her laptop, nodding her head a few times

"you were thinking of moving out of atlanta?" aubrey asked as he peered over at airie as she tapped on her laptop, nodding her head a few times. "yea, but amari, bria, valerie, and my job are keeping me here. muse makes enough to sustain me a little, but it's not anything i can live off of."

"airie, you were in the atlanta journal, had a section in life and style and atlanta magazine, and did radio interviews, not to mention social media. what do you mean?"

"just because i have all that recognition doesn't mean that i'm making six-figures off my business. i'm still a good thirty-thousand or so away from that."

"thirty-thousand!? i'll write you a ch-"

"shut up," she held up a hand and they both laughed, airie shaking her head as she sent a few customer service emails, looking up at him as he brought her legs into his lap and ran his hands over them slowly, sighing softly afterwards and laying his head back to look up at the ceiling. "i've been thinking about moving out of here, too. i need something new. i want to explore somewhere new, but jax, my mom, and marissa are still here, and i don't want jaxson having to fly between here and...wherever i move to."

"where were you thinking of?" she asked as she looked up from her laptop, closing it carefully and placing it on the coffee table before scooting closer, aubrey carefully hoisting her into his lap. he shrugged his shoulders as he looked at her, leaning his head in his palm. "i was thinking texas. houston. a nice place for me to start over, in a good way, find a nice house out there, work on getting a career or something besides living off my mom's money," he shrugged his shoulders as his other hand gently ran along her back and over her shoulders. airie blinked as she looked at him, pursing her lips into a thin line.

"what?"

"i was thinking of moving to houston, too."

he blinked as he looked at her, the both of them sharing a nearly identical look before they both burst into a soft laughter and he smiled at her. "i guess some way, some how, we were going to find each other again," he mumbled, airie smiling softly and looking at him with a soft expression, her hand reaching to grab his, lacing their fingers slowly. "can i say something?" she asked, her voice soft as she spoke. he slowly lifted his head as he looked at her, running his thumb across her skin before nodding his head.

"i...don't know why you kissed marissa, and i don't want to know, but i want you to know that i don't hate you. i...i forgive you. i know, i probably shouldn't, and i know you wanted me to, but i forgive you. maybe there were some lingering residual feelings there, something that i couldn't help or deter you, but i forgive you."

aubrey sat there for a moment as he listened to her, waiting until she went quiet before exhaling slowly through his nose and shaking his head, "nothing you did could have prevented that. it was me being selfish and wanting to figure out what it felt like to be some kind of family with her, even though i'm nowhere near as attracted to her in the way i am to you, airie. you shouldn't forgive me, i really don't think you should, but to know that you deem me worthy enough of your forgiveness, i won't take it as a joke.