38.

"you are not fighting her," aubrey blinked and looked at her over his shoulder, pulling his shirt off and tossing it into the hamper by her bed as he stood up to undo his belt to get his slacks off

"you are not fighting her," aubrey blinked and looked at her over his shoulder, pulling his shirt off and tossing it into the hamper by her bed as he stood up to undo his belt to get his slacks off. "and why not? she fucked my shit up," she blinked as she looked over at him, crossing her arms over her chest. he sighed softly and rolled his eyes as he tossed his pants into the hamper, going to his designated drawer and sifting through the forgotten clothes to pull on a pair of sweatshorts. "because you're grown as hell. and before you bring it up," he paused to turn around, pointing a finger at her as she brooded on the bed. "i fought hayden because of how much he was wilding out on you-"

"how is this any different? she fucked my damn car up, you and i both had to spend a pretty damn penny to get it fixed," she answered, her eyebrows knitted and her eyes rolling a bit afterwards. "don't roll your eyes at me," he mumbled as he walked over to her side of the bed after grabbing a t-shirt to pull on, sitting on the ledge of the bed and looking over at her. "it's different. she's liable to try to sabotage your job, mess up everything with your line, who knows. she's sneaky. i don't want you to do anything that could run your life off track."

"it's already off track, aubrey," she answered as she looked at him, his eyes rolling in return and a deep sigh leaving his lips before he spoke again. "and if it is, that's okay. but don't sit here and be the stubborn ass you are and try to fight that girl. come here," he answered as he held his arms out to her, airie unable to help herself as she pushed the blanket down to scoot into his arms, his arms wrapping around his shoulders and he leaned down to kiss the top of her head. "i don't doubt you can fight, believe me that i've heard enough stories from your friends, but jalissa isn't the one to fight."

airie just rolled her eyes and sighed as she cuddled into his warm chest. in a way -- he was right. and she hated it. she wanted to be right for a moment, but she understood that he was genuinely looking out for her, rather than encouraging her to beat that vindictive ass girl's ass. speaking of which --

"how did y'alls date go?" she asked, smirking and aubrey immediately groaning and letting go of her to drop her on the bed, making his way into the bathroom. "aubrey goddamn graham!"

in the morning, airie woke up to the sound of her phone buzzing off the charts. she pushed the blanket off her shoulder and shifted under aubrey's weight on her chest to grab her phone, amari's name and their picture blaring across the screen. "hello?" airie answered quite groggily, rubbing her eyes -- it was her day off, and it was 9:30 in the morning at that.

"airie, where are you?"

"i'm at home-"

"can you meet me at my place? please?"

"yea, of course, what's-"

"i'll tell you when you get here." amari answered quickly, airie obviously noting the nerves in her voice. she said a soft 'goodbye' and placed her phone down on the bed, soon reaching to softly tap on the back of aubrey's shoulder to wake him up, a soft grunt leaving his lips before she whispered. "i gotta go to amari's," her voice was soft and groggy still, aubrey eventually sighing out as he slid off of her and faceplanted into the pillows, airie rolling her eyes and smiling a bit. she leaned over to kiss on his neck as she made her way out of bed to throw on some clothes and brush her teeth and wash her face.