33.

airie hoisted the large package into her house, bubbling on the inside since her samples had finally come in

airie hoisted the large package into her house, bubbling on the inside since her samples had finally come in. she had been antsy the entire time she was at work, unable to contain her excitement about her samples finally coming in. she would have to start getting her promotions and everything together as soon as possible, but right now, she wanted to bask in the joy of just getting some samples.

she plopped onto the couch after grabbing the box cutter from the kitchen, tearing it open and looking at all the pieces in front of her; from body suits, to dresses, even sweatsuits. she let out a squeal of happiness as she looked through everything; everything she asked for was in the box, the quality of the material more than her expectations. she could barely contain herself, to be fair -- there were so many things she could say yes to, so many things she could style all together.

she sorted through the different items, making sure to touch the samples, write down things she liked and didn't like, creating a yes, no, and maybe pile. it wasn't a complex system at all, but it was enough to get her through the 30 different samples she had in the box so she could type up an email that explained which ones she wanted and which ones she maybe wanted to see in a different color or fabric.

as she was separating in all her happiness, her phone buzzed a few times, the ringtone signaling that aubrey was calling her. she reached over into her bag to pull it out, smiling at the picture on her screen; it was a picture of them out at lunch, her cheek squished to his and a wide smile on her lips, his lip pulled up in a little bit of a snarl of annoyance. it was cute, to be honest; and even though airie sometimes thought the picture was a little bit corny, it was quite cute. she tapped the green button, putting it on speaker. "hey baby," she answered, hearing him closing the door behind him on the other end.

"hey," he started, his keys jingling as he neared his car before continuing. "how do you feel about taking a vacation?" aubrey spoke over the phone, airie stopping and squinting at her phone. "a vacation? are you sure you wanna take one so soon, you know, since you just started bringing jaxson around," she answered softly as she folded up one of the samples, putting it into a 'yes' pile.

"well, it's hard to think about that since i already booked for the plane flight tickets. i booked them something like a week ago," he answered afterwards, airie stopping in her movements and tilting her head to look at her phone.

"and when did you have us leaving-"

"friday morning."

airie stared at her phone before pressing her hands against her cheeks and letting out a laugh, "aubrey, aubrey, jesus christ- okay, i can pack my stuff and all that, but you gotta tell marissa."

"oh, she knows. i'm getting jax tuesday, wednesday, and thursday instead."

"so you really had all of this planned out, huh?"

"sure did."

"lord," she mumbled and laughed, leaning back against her palm, looking down at her phone again and sighing softly afterwards. "well, where are you headed now?"