ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ.

aubrey stirred in the morning, tucked under the blanket, the little sliver of sunlight behind his curtains stinging him in the eyes

aubrey stirred in the morning, tucked under the blanket, the little sliver of sunlight behind his curtains stinging him in the eyes. he sucked his teeth and inhaled softly, rubbing his face a little with one hand, and preparing to use the other hand when he felt the extra weight on his arm. he blinked and looked down, finding airie curled up under his arm, her head on his chest as she slept. the messy, light brown waves were thrown into some kind of bun, probably so she could sleep better without having to worry about hair on her or him while he slept.

it was then that the memories from the night previous came flooding back to him, from taking those nasty ass shots, to seeing airie, to their argument, to getting back to the condo. after the first initial time, it was like it didn't even happen, because they were riled up again for a second round. he was pulling random bits from the first time, her words and his words flooding his memory; he exhaled softly and looked over to check his watch, the time reading 1:12 pm. he shifted a little to reach under the blanket to softly rub her arm, airie stirring a little once she felt him touch on her skin like that.

"5 more minutes," she whispered and whined, her arm sliding across his chest and stomach to hold onto him, her head lifting so she could tuck her face into his neck. he softly rubbed along her side and her back, looking up at the ceiling for a moment.

she was still here.

she wasn't trying to dip on him.

and from the things that were said the night before and the things done, it didn't seem like she would.

"5 more minutes, then we gotta go get something to eat," he spoke, his voice groggy and deep from having just woken up.

that was when it hit airie, her eyes fluttering open and she pulled back a little so she could look at him. when he felt her move, he tilted his head so he could look at her, their eyes catching one another. the memories began to flood back to airie, and this time, she didn't immediately push them away; she didn't push him away. instead, as she thought back to the night before, she shifted to lay back down on him her eyes closing again.

he was half expecting her to get up and jet out of the bedroom, but...she stayed. he tilted his head to kiss her forehead as they laid there for another few minutes.

around 2, they decided to get up to throw some clothes on, and airie sent a message to the group chat, letting everyone know that she was okay, and that she had gotten the dick of a lifetime. setting her phone on the nightstand, she went into the bathroom behind him, tilting her head in his direction. "um- i don't have any clothes, you know that?" he stopped from grabbing a towel, passing it back in her direction.

"ah shit-- well, do you wanna order in? you can chill in my clothes," he asked as he turned to look at her, her head nodding. for once -- she actually felt...comfortable, around a man again. she felt like she could let her guard down again. he...made her feel comfortable again. "yea, we can order in. what are you feeling?"