epilogue.

aubrey hummed as he entered the kitchen, sliding his keys onto the key hook and making his way around and into the back office where airie was on the phone, scribbling something in a notepad

aubrey hummed as he entered the kitchen, sliding his keys onto the key hook and making his way around and into the back office where airie was on the phone, scribbling something in a notepad. he leaned against the door frame as he watched her on the phone, wracking his brain to figure out how in the hell she could talk and write at the same time and not write what she was saying. after she hung up the phone, he grinned as he looked down at her and spoke, "hey, pretty."

airie jumped, her eyes widening some and she busted out laughing as she swiveled around in her chair, hopping up out of it and shuffling over to him with her arms open, his arms slowly wrapping around her waist. he leaned down to dot her face and neck in kisses, airie laughing and gently pressing her hands against his arms with a grin, tilting her head back and smiling at him. "you're home early," she spoke softly as she looked at him, smoothing her hand over his cheek and wearing the same goofy, love-ridden smile. "i left the studio early today to spend some time with you. plus, i didn't feel like dealing with that dumbass traffic," he started as he leaned to press a warm kiss to her lips, patting his hand on her hip and speaking afterwards. "did you get anything back from the distributor yet?"

"for the menswear line? yea, they're sending some samples this weekend," she answered as she went to the calendar to cross the day off, exhaling softly before grabbing her cardigan and pulling it on and following him out of her office and into the kitchen, sitting at the island and leaning her chin into her palm. "i'm thinking we should have dinner in tonight," he spoke as he grabbed a glass out of the cabinet, pouring a bit of juice into it and taking a few sips, airie raising her eyebrows up. "dinner in? what should we or-"

"i'll cook. just get pretty," he wiggled his finger at her and she smiled, tilting her head to the side. "i won't ask anymore questions, because i know you won't tell me, so i'm just going to say okay. any requests?"

"hmm," he rolled his eyes in pretend thought, laughing afterwards, "whatever you want to wear. anything, really, baby."

"now if i show up in sweatpants-"

"okay, maybe not that."

later that night, as he lit the candles at the dinner table while airie slipped into a comfortable, fitted maroon colored dress and a pair of black heels, she adjusted the bun on the top of her head and exhaled slowly as she looked at herself in the mirror. she gave herself a playful wink and adjusted the bracelet he'd gotten her ages ago, fixing the necklace as she made her way downstairs and poked her head around the corner to see what he'd put together. "aubrey-"

"airie, i was supposed to come get you and make it all romantic," he sucked his teeth and pursed his lips, making his way over to her in a pair of black slacks, a button-up white shirt, and a pair of black dress shoes, his usual gold watch and gold chain combo making her grin inwardly. she soon moved her hands up to cover her eyes, speaking afterwards, "i didn't see anything but you, i swear. i'll keep them covered." he rolled his eyes and moved behind her, moving his hands over her eyes, but not before pressing play on the speaker on the counter, mint condition's so fine playing over the speaker. "how'd you know i love this song?" she asked, his leg gently tapping hers for her to start walking.