34.

"bitch you're in los angeles? without me!?" valerie yelled through airie's headphones, airie eventually bursting out laughing as she followed aubrey through the terminal to go grab their luggage, her fingers laced through his and her phone held up...

"bitch you're in los angeles? without me!?" valerie yelled through airie's headphones, airie eventually bursting out laughing as she followed aubrey through the terminal to go grab their luggage, her fingers laced through his and her phone held up in front of her face as they were on facetime. "yes, i am, val," she paused to catch up to him, looking back up at the screen. "i'll be back sunday night."

"so he just has money to be flying my bitch out like this?"

"something like that," airie shrugged her shoulders and laughed, smiling at her best friend on the other end. "i'll call you after we get settled and stuff. sorry i didn't tell you, but love you, bye!"

she hung up and popped her headphones out to put them into her bag, following aubrey to grab their suitcases. "valerie?"

"valerie," she nodded as they watched the spiral swing around with different luggage, speaking afterwards. "she was just surprised about where we were is all," she finished as their luggage soon spiraled around and he grabbed his black suitcase off of the belt and then her tan colored one soon after. "well, it is the first time I've told you to just pack your stuff and let's go somewhere, you know," he answered as he led her out, holding her hand to hop in their uber to make it to the hotel they were at.

"it's so pretty and- expensive," airie mumbled as she walked around the home, much like a kid in a candy store. "that's the point," aubrey mumbled as he wrapped her arms around her from behind, leaning his chin on her shoulder and kissing her cheek as her hands came to rest on top of his. it was nice and quiet where they were; it was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of everyone and their mom, their opinions, conflict, for once. even if it was just for a weekend, it was good enough; granted, he did mention to her that he wanted to talk about some things while they were here, it was a comfortable environment for them to do so.

it was a comfortable environment for them to spend some time bonding with one another, talking with one another, finding out more about each other that they didn't know from the jump. maybe there were things that needed to be revisited, maybe there were things that needed to be brought up that hadn't been brought up -- they had the peace of the hotel, in a different city, away from everyone, everything.

after exploring a little bit of los angeles during the day and grabbing dinner when night fell, the two of them returned to the hotel, airie heading to shower while aubrey relaxed on the bed. he tapped around on his phone to check in on jaxson, tapping the facetime button for marissa. when she answered, he gave a little smile, "what's up?"

"nothing much, i just finished giving jax his bath," she answered as she propped the camera up while she got him in his pajamas, aubrey laughing at the sad expression on his face. "what's wrong, man? you look handsome," marissa laughed afterwards as she kissed jaxson's cheek, pulling his onesie on and gently combing a bit of conditioner through his curls. "how did he do with that food my mom got him?"

"pretty good," marissa started as she combed her fingers through his hair. "he liked the strawberry-mango ones the most, i think the turkey and gravy one was second. his doctor said he's a little bit ahead for his age, so i think he'll be good on solids and milk for the rest of the year."