ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ.

disclaimer: there is eluding to sexual assault at the end of the chapter

disclaimer: there is eluding to sexual assault at the end of the chapter. there will be an asterik to warn you.

"ℍey airie, we're sending some models up to your office. they're new," airie's boss spoke over the intercom connected to her office phone, airie rolling her eyes a little bit. the events from yesterday still had her feeling weighed down, which was evident when she made her way into the office and barely spoke to anyone, choosing to just wave or speak when spoken to. it echoed only a little in her outfit, knowing she still had to be presentable; some fitted, grey sweatpants, a fitted white tank top-bodysuit, and a pair of tan, heeled booties, her hair slicked still into the ponytail that she had curled. her face was only lightly covered in makeup, choosing just her cross necklace and gold watch.

"alright, thank you," she answered, turning to dab on a bit of her lipgloss, since some of it had gotten taken off by the starbucks straw, having gotten coffee since she was up the entire night. she took her finger off the intercom button and sat up in her chair, sighing softly and pulling up the spreadsheet and comment sheet she had been sent. she looked over the names, headshots, previous work, raising her eyebrows a little when she saw jalissa's name.

she hadn't seen her since the wine tasting -- she didn't even want to think about that night, but her name triggered that memory. she stood to open the door, tapping the air freshener to release a bit more of the vanilla scent into her office. just before she could turn around, the four models came down the hallway and turned to her office. "hello, hello, hi everyone," airie put on a smile, waving and holding her hands out to shake everyone's hands. each girl gave her a smile, including jalissa, airie soon taking their folders and going to her desk.

"so, today, i'm just going to assign you all's departments based off of what the talent department told me and notes they wrote," she answered as she turned to her laptop, motioning for the girls to have a seat. jalissa looked at her, with neither a negative or positive expression; what was it that aubrey saw in her? was it her effortless look? was it how she carried herself? what exactly was it?

"ahh, let's see here. celeste, you're going to the high fashion department, so once you leave out of here, go to the elevator and take it up to the 3rd floor. ask for reagan gomez," she paused to scribble something on the front of her folder, passing it to her and smiling at her on her way out as she continued looking at the laptop. she clicked off and sent the portfolio and headshot up to reagan, humming softly as she continued. she'd gotten through the second two, and now it was just her and jalissa.

"it's nice to see you again," jalissa chirped and airie looked up at her with a small smile, nodding her head. "it's good to see you, too. how was the recruiting process?" she shrugged her shoulders and jalissa blinked, her heart thudding a little bit.

"it was pretty good, it wasn't too bad. i didn't know we'd be coming to meet you."

"mm, yea; i usually help the models get to and situated in their departments and send them off to their superiors, i also do a little bit of scouting, but most of what i do is styling, style development, stuff like that. it's pretty chill and laid back," she shrugged her shoulders and hummed a little as she continued to look on her laptop, soon stiffening when she heard jalissa's next question.