Life's a drag PT2 (Daniel Ricciardo x reader)

Summary: after Daniel catches Y/n in the drag club, he argues with her before taking her back home and continuing the drama.

Info: make sure you read part 1. this relationship is completely platonic. He's like an older brother to her. 

Y/n POV:

He walked up and down in front of me, going on and on about the same thing. "And then you jumped out the window?! Do you have any idea about what your mother would do to me if she found out about this" Daniel went on. I groaned and crossed my arms "the whole point was for her to not find out" I said under my breath. "Don't get smart with me young lady" he said very sternly. I leaned back on the chair where I was sitting, and huffed. "If you didn't look for me everything would have been fine!" I yelled back.

"Yeah right, and then what would have happened?" He said, and I rolled out eyes. "You could have gotten lost" "on my own area?" "You could have been drunk" "I don't drink, especially when I'm working" "you could have gotten kidnapped" "o my god!" I groaned louder "Fine. You found me, and you caught me. Whatever! What do you want me to do about it?". He stood up, gesturing me to follow him "first of all I'm taking you home". With all my resentment I stood up and followed him to the parking lot out of the club, flipping him off in the process.

I sat in his car, my head resting on the window as he started driving back to my house, or prison like I liked to call it. The drive back was completely silent, so I took time to reflect to myself. I was a product of my own environment, while my mum was an incredibly posh and rich lady, whose cousin was a formula one driver who actually gave up his free night to do my mum a favour. And there was me. I only wanted to live life, make the best of it in the process, hence getting my own job by doing something I actually really enjoyed.

We finally arrived back home and I walked in, accepting the fact that I probably wasn't getting out for a lot longer, knowing that the guy will probably snitch. I went to the bathroom and took off the wig and the makeup, then I changed out of my drag costume into a plain shirt, my sweatpants and my depression hoodie. Then I went back to the living room and sat down on the couch. "You're not earning anything if you snitch, by the way" I said quietly. "Who said I'll snitch?" He asked. I sat up, my eyes kind of wide in surprise.

"Really?" I asked incredulously. "There's a catch" he said. I frowned and my body posture fell slightly in discouragement. "The only reason why I'm not telling your mother is because I don't want to add another worry to her seemingly endless gif. But you have to do what I say." He said, in a challenging tone. I groaned down and said "what do you want?" "Don't leave during the night again" "ugh fine" "still treat all adults with respect" "..." "and take this" he said, standing up and walking to the kitchen and coming back with a glass of water and a pill jar.

I cringed again at the sight of the sleeping pills. They were originally used as an anti depressant, but then the doctor found out that some mild tranquillisers had a really strong effect on me, so I had to change prescriptions. I remembered when my mum managed to fool me into taking one on a day where I apparently decided to be too bratty towards her. "Eww no way I'm takin that!" I yelled, almost backing up on the couch. "Y/n to either take this and go to sleep or I'm telling your mother exactly what I saw and what happened today. Because I'm tired of your bullshit, give me at least a couple of hours of peace and quiet".

"Can't I just go to my bedroom without taking the medication?" I asked. "I didn't even trust you before and look what you did. I had to keep checking up on you and honestly I'm over it" he said. I groaned and took the cup of water "I really hate what it does to me. I just hate the feeling". "I know, but your mother left some instructions to help me keep an eye on you, and she told me of you got to an unmanageable point that this was the last resort. You did get to that point, I'm sorry".

I nodded, understanding that he was really trying to manage a wild teen like me. I looked at the label on the jar "this thing last for around two hours" I muttered as I read. "Cmon, when you wake up I'll order something instead of eating the leftovers" he said in an encouraging tone. "Won't it be like midnight or something?" I chuckled. "Yes but no one will know. Plus you will have technically gotten a bit of sleep" he said. I groaned. I was about to put the pill into my mouth, but I hesitated "what if I promise I will behave?" I asked.

"I'm sorry y/n, I just don't have any reason to trust you. I might be more friendly, but still if you don't take it I will tell your mother about today". I took a deep breath, put the pill in my mouth and lifted up the glass: "cheers" I muttered before swallowing it. "It takes a while" I said, already started to feel a bit lightheaded "I hate the pre effect so much". Daniel walked over to me and helped me lay down "you are my only and most fierce niece" he chuckled. "Yayyyyy" I said sarcastically "by the way, if you want to watch a movie while I'm out, there's Netflix".

"What food do you like? I'll order it in time for when you wake up" He asked. "I like f/f (favourite food). It's really good" I slurred. He wrote it down and laughed at me "never in a million years would have I imagined that I would babysit my cousin's 16 year old, catch her sneaking out and then giving her a medication because she's too savage". I laughed as well and said "you learn something new every day". I then drifted off, and when I finally woke up, Daniel had already ordered f/f. For the rest of the night I FaceTimed all my friends who like f1 and they kept fangirling over my own family member, which was funny. 

Daniel came very often to hang out with me on his free days. We both played video games and sometimes streamed. He was like an older protective brother that I never had. Slowly and surely, I started pulling my life together. I still did my drag performing, but thank god I managed to restrict my schedule to get more time for myself. Even my relationship with my mum started getting better, and it was all because of that one night where I met her cousin, or my big bro as I like to call him.