All the way (Daniel Ricciardo x Reader)

Summary: Daniel has a crush on Y/n, the McLaren media manager, and decides to come up with a plan to spend more time with her, inviting her to a family event as his fake girlfriend.

Notes: Wrote this when found out the news that Daniel is going to leave McLaren. Ngl he looks devastated, I feel so bad for him, but I know whatever he does and whatever team he goes to he's gonna be successful.

Requested by: @Krissy-01  I hope you like it

Y/n pov

Every day was the same. Record, edit, post. Record, edit, post. Being a social media manager for McLaren was hard, but also I got to experience one of the best jobs out there. I travelled everywhere with the rest of the team, I saw races literally meters away from me and I got to work closely with both Daniel and Lando. At first I tried to be as professional as I could, but even the boss told me to loosen up and get to know their personalities well. So that's what I did.

Me and Daniel developed a really close bond, and even if I didn't admit it, I was starting to like him. His smile, his humour, his character was enough for me to fall for him. But I always remembered. It was my job, only that.

One Wednesday afternoon I woke up to some... interesting texts from Daniel. At first I got worried so I texted him back.

 At first I got worried so I texted him back

I put down my phone

I put down my phone. Banter was regular part of our interactions, and i could tell he wasn't really panicking. Ever since the break started he had been texting me almost the whole time, I think he actually missed me, which was nice to think about. This family reunion thing was gonna happen in September, when the season started again, so we didn't have enough time to learn everything about each other.

Two weeks till the reunion...

"So your cousin from your dads side is a professional dancer?" "Nope, my cousin from my mums side is a professional figure skater" "I swear you guys had a professional dancer" "that's my 2nd cousin" "ughh fuck I'm never gonna learn months worth of dating information in two weeks" I told Daniel "it's impossible". He poured himself another glass of water and said "they're not gonna quiz you on our family history you know?". I was silent, I should've known what I got myself into "look" he added "if it makes you feel better, I told them we've only been dating for two months, I'm sure they won't expect you to know the stories of everyone and their mothers".

We were sitting in the small local cafe, going over the basics before we were to start practicing being the perfect couple. "Yeah but everyone and their mums is gonna know about us" he laughed and took a bite out of his sandwich "like who?" He asked, obviously teasing "fans" I said "and who else?" he insisted "fan's mums" I mumbled.

A week before the reunion...

"Other way" he shouted over the music as we practiced dance steps. "I thought this reunion was not a gala" I remarked sarcastically, barely able to hear myself over the fancy jazz playing in the background. "It's all just in case" he said. He then tried to twirl me around but I got the message too late and I tripped on my high heels, falling straight into him. Luckily Daniel's a very muscular man so he had no problem holding me up, even if I would've dragged him to the ground with me. "Oh" I squeaked "thanks". "No problem sweetheart" he replied softly which made me blush. That was kind of hot.

"I need to try that again"  I stood up, and put my hands on his shoulders, suddenly becoming very aware of the height difference. "It's ok we've got all the time in the world"

"Not quite" I remarked sarcastically and he laughed

Two days till the reunion...

"Oh my gosh Y/n hurry up!" He loudly knocked on the bathroom door. "You wanted couple pictures, you got couple pictures" I yelled back. He wanted a whole gallery of couple pictures, and hear this: he wanted at least five different makeup looks to switch around the outfits to make it look like it was different days. "Don't you dare put fake lashes on, it takes you like ten minutes to get them straight" he added. I smirked and opened the door slightly "try me bitch".

He pushed against the door and let himself in, having me right up to the counter and holding my wrists "no. You look beautiful without them" he said quietly, everything about the current situation making me go completely red. He suddenly cleared his throat and took a step away from me, letting my hands go "this is the last one then we're done ok?" "K"

Day of the reunion...

I wore a plain black dress, and he wore a semi formal black and whole combo. He looked so hot. When we walked in the large house, I immediately introduced myself to his parents and then the extended family. They all seemed to be particularly shocked that he was dating someone from his team, and i explained the story of how we got together that we had previously agreed upon.

"Awww you two are so cute" said his aunt, patting his back "you found yourself a beautiful young lady, I hope I'm gonna see some great nephews very soon". I was right in the middle of taking a sip of wine when I chocked after hearing that. "Oh my gosh we haven't even discussed that" he said, but I could also tell he was blushing. That made two of us.

After everyone had lunch, we made ourselves comfortable in a hidden spot in the huge garden. "I'm sorry Y/n"  Daniel said out of the blue. I turned to look at him "for what?" I asked, confused. "Asking you to do all of this. It's your free time that you had to give up". I shook my head "hey. Don't even say that. I had the time of my life with you, even if I disagreed with taking couple pictures in 25 different outfits" I tried my best to reassure him.

He chuckled and grabbed my hand. "Which is why I wanted to tell you" he continued "that I've I've had a lot of fun too. Even the couples pictures. I actually never planned to tell you this way, but I never saw you as a friend, or a coworker. I've had a crush on you for ages, and this whole thing might have been planned by the genius, yours truly".

Honestly I was not shocked, and I liked him too. A lot. I didn't need to say anything, I smiled and leaned into him. Our eyes closed and our lips met, we both moved in sync (for once). I pulled back and said "I like you a lot too Daniel".

When we returned, the family asked why we were so happy. We lied of course, all the way the truth was for us and only us to know.