Have a chat or something (Charles Leclerc x Reader)

Summary: y/n meets Charles after briefing meeting him once and her Brother Daniel both concerned for her mental health as a student and eager to ship the two. 

Y/n PoV 

Another day, another sleepless night, another reason to completely erase myself from existence. "I'm telling you baby, you need to start sleeping more" my brother, Daniel said. "I can't fail these exams Daniel, I already told you. If I do, I'm completely fucked" I groaned. "I mean not really, I can easily find you a job here" he replied. "That's Not what I meant" I said. "What then?" He asked me.

"I wanna impress someone" I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear me. "Who do you wanna impress? Cmon, I know almost everyone here. If you're talking about the other drivers I'm telling you they're not that scary." He teased me. "Haha very funny" I said sarcastically "I won't tell you who it is but all I can say is that his ex had a pretty good degree, and she was still criticised by the media. Now imagine if a 20 year old studying Biochemistry and astronomy would be taken seriously by news outlets if they found out she wanted to date the hottest driver in F1."

"And the fact that I'm your sister really doesn't help" I added. "You need more confidence in yourself- hey look! Is that Charles? We should go say hi to him" he said sarcastically. I didn't even get the chance to say no because he grabbed my hand and dragged me over to my crush. We got up to him and I felt my cheeks heating up. "Hey man" Daniel greeted him "hey Daniel" he said, looking up for his phone.

"You already met Y/n, didn't you?" He pushed me in front of here. Charles smiled "yes, I believe I did". "Oh look. Someone is calling me. I'll leave you two. Have a chat or something" he said as he walked away, leaving me looking like a Ferrari. "What was that about?" Charles asked with a hint of humour in his tone. "Daniel's just Daniel" I said, hugging my Advanced Chemistry book to my chest. "What are you reading?" "Oh this, it's just a chemistry book. I have an exam in a few days" "so you're really smart then?" "Oh, I wouldn't say that-" "Cmon don't be too humble" we both laughed. 

"I guess I wanna make the most of my knowledge" I concluded, looking up at him. "You look tired" he pointed out, "trust me" I said "I feel tired". We slowly started walking around "do you wanna go to my driver's room? I need to go back to my pit now and maybe you could take a rest in there" he told me. "Charles, you don't need to do that! I'll just go to Daniel's" I said. "Are you sure? I have a feeling his room wouldn't be as tidy as mine."

"Don't worry about it! I'm a student anyways so I'm probably much worse" I explained. "Let me walk you there then" he said. We both walked to Daniel's room, but he didn't seem to be there. I knocked a few times. No answer. Very embarrassing. I called his phone. Still no answer. He was probably doing something important.  

"Just come to my room, you can wait there for Daniel. I really don't have an issue." He told me. I sighed "are you sure you don't mind" I asked him. His eyes lit up and he smiled "not at all". We walked back to Charles' room, where I was telling him all about what I did at my course. "You really are quite an adventurous girl" he said while smirking and opening the door, which made me blush. 

He let me in, and if I tell you his room was immaculate, it was immaculate. There was a couch, a bed, a desk and a small wardrobe. "You can sit down anywhere, make yourself comfortable. I must go to my team now to sort some things, but I'll be back soon. I really liked hearing about you" he said. "Thank you so much Charles. I owe you one" i said. "Oh and by the way" I stopped  him as he was about to leave "can you please remind Daniel to come and pick me up when he's done? Thanks"

He chuckled and closed the door behind him. I adjusted my position on the couch, it was so comfortable. I started revising intensely all the different formulas and definitions. The alpha radiation... bla bla bla... most ionising... bla bla bla... made from a helium nucleus... bla bla bla... could be an undefined isotope...

Before I knew it I closed my eyes and leaned back, starting to relax my mind. Maybe a little rest won't hurt, I thought.

Daniel POV

It was getting pretty late, so I decided to walk back with Charles as he told me my sister was in his room. She was probably studying her ass off like always, which led to her lack of sleep and horrible mood swings. He was going on about how he was so impressed with her knowledge, but I wasn't really listening. I know Charles, and I had seen that look before. 

I know she was already an adult, but I always was and will always be super overprotective of her.   We finally arrived to his room and he opened the door. We were both met with the most adorable scene. Y/n was sleeping peacefully on the couch, her large textbook had fallen to the floor and her arm was almost to the ground. "This is weird. She literally never falls asleep" I said. 

"Are you gonna take her to your room?" He asked. "Yeah. You might be my friend but she's my sister and I don't really trust you" we both chuckled but immediately stopped when we realised we were being too loud. Charles lifted Y/n up in his arms, as gently as he could. She slightly groaned but she was definitely still asleep. I picked her up her book and we both headed to my room. 

I opened the door for him and walked inside. My room was pretty similar to his, only different brands for the minimal furniture. I told him to set Y/n on the bed, which he did as softly as possible. I saw him looking at her "what's wrong?" I asked him. "She is very beautiful" he said simply, while tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. 

"And I'm pretty sure she'd like to hear it once she's awake tomorrow" I said in-a-matter-of factly way. He quickly regained his composure "right" he mumbled. Ughhh. Was it just me, or everyone around me did not know how to flirt.