A man! (Lando Norris x Reader)

Summary: Y/n catches her girlfriend cheating on her with her teammate, but Lando will always be there to comfort her.

Note: yes, in a lot of chapters, Y/n also likes women. It's easier for me to write as I am a lesbian and I can connect with the story much more.

Another note: changed the girlfriends name cause it's a popular name and one If you guys might be called that

Y/n POV:

I walked to the paddock with my girlfriend Dayne. I loved her so much. I loved how her beautiful black curls neatly fell down her shoulder and reflected the bright sunlight. How her tanned skin glowed when laying my eyes on her, and how her bright radiant smile made me fall for her even more each day we spent together.

"You're so beautiful" I whispered as I squeezed her hand. She didn't look at me, but only stared down. "What's wrong babe?" I asked her. She looked up sadly but she said nothing. I took it as a sign that she didn't really wanna talk about it, so I slowly took her hand and walked to my garage.

"Hey guys!" I announced to the team as I walked in "I brought D today since you all forgot what a real woman looked like." They all laughed and Dayne finally smiled, but it seemed kind of fake. My teammate, Carlos, approached me. "Hello Y/n. Dayne." He greeted us "How are you two?"

I shrugged and looked at my girlfriend, who said "all good thanks". She said it almost too sweetly, but I pushed those thoughts to the side. "Well I'm good. Have you seen Lando?" I asked "I promised the fans that we would post a couple of photos together". Carlos looked around "he was here just minutes ago, but I think he went back to his garage."

I nodded and looked at Dayne "let's go". As I was about to leave, Carlos said "don't drag D around. Knowing you she'll be waiting a lot and be very bored. I could give her a tour if you want. I looked at Dayne "are you ok with being alone?" I asked quietly. She nodded "I'm not alone, I have Carlos. You go ahead and do your thing, don't worry about me" she said, too quickly for my liking.

I ignored the feeling again and walked away confused, towards Lando's garage. Since Carlos had left McLaren, I thought Lando would hate me for stealing his teammate, but since then we got so close. I walked over to where I could already see him chatting with his team in the sun. His eyes widened and he smiled when he saw me. I skipped over to him "hi jerk" I said in a playful tone. We hugged each other and pulled apart. "I see you brought D along as well today" he said.

"Yeah, I left her with Carlos" I said. We both sat down and started catching up about the week. "It was really crazy this week. My cousin got married, my best friend already has children, and then there's me: still too much of a pussy to propose to my girlfriend". I sighed, looking at Lando "are you planning on doing that?" He asked. I nodded "could do it right now. I don't have a ring but we wouldn't need one. We've always lived modestly"

"Just a curiosity..." he said "did you leave her alone with Carlos?" "Yeah... why?" "I have a bad feeling. We should go check up on them". I was confused. What was he thinking, that they would get lost? I trusted both Carlos and Dayne, and if Anything happened they would tell me. Right?"

We both walked in our garage where we asked my team where they were, and they said they were alone in a meeting room. We both walked to where we were directed and Lando pushed the door open. What I saw literally broke my heart.

Dayne had her arms around Carlos' neck and her chest pressed on his. Her shirt had been taken off and carelessly chucked on the table and she was sitting in top of it as she was making out with Carlos, who had his arms around her. When they saw us they both jumped apart and Dayne rushed to put her shirt back on.

"Carlos you're a piece of shit!" I heard Lando say angrily. I couldn't even process what happened. I had just caught who I thought was the girl of my life, cheating on me for a man... yes, A MAN. There was nothing more humiliating than that. Carlos quickly left the room, as she stood in front of me with her eyes glued to the floor.

Lando scoffed and ran to the same direction as Carlos when he left. I finally got the strength to speak when both men were gone. "How long?" I asked. "Two months" she whispered but not inaudibly. "Why?" I said at the verge of tears. "Y/n, I love you, but it just didn't feel as right as me and Carlos felt. I'm so sorry... I can't explain now. I'm sorry" she said as she quickly left the room and made a run for it. I was left alone, slowly sinking in the doorframe and to the floor, face on my knees and silently crying.

After a while, I heard someone's footsteps coming and felt them crouching on the floor next to me. I kept crying, and the person put their arms around my shoulders. I knew it was Lando. I slowly looked, up but seeing his face made me cry again. "I gave her everything, I told her everything and loved her like no one. Just where do I go now?"

"She clearly didn't appreciate your love" he said. I looked up at him "why a man? She could have hurt me less if it was a woman or a non binary person... but a man?! That's like a stab in the back" I ranted "no offence to you". Lando chuckled "none taken. I get it. But we can't stay here for even".

He was about to help me up. "Hey Lando" I asked. "Huh?" He said as he looked up "why is Carlos even doing anything with D? Isn't he like 35? She's 21" I said, almost chuckling. "And you are...?" "19". He looked at me for a bit "hhmmm. You look older". I made a fake offended face and he laughed "not in a bad way of course... you're beautiful".

Instead of freezing like any other girl would, I smirked and said "and you're handsome". We both stood up and he put his hands on the wall behind me, either sides of me and leaning onto me "I don't remember the last time someone called me pretty..." I whispered. "neither do I..." said Lando on the same tone. He slowly approached my mouth with his and I, not being able to wait, closed the gap. His lips were soft and mine were chapped, but we both loved it. I finally pulled back, catching my breath.

"When was the last time you kissed a guy?" He asked. "Hmmmm" I thought "at karting school, me and my Gay best friend Alex decided to practice. It was a questionable experience for both of us." I said, trying not to laugh while recounting the even. We both looked into each other's eyes and we were interrupted by my manager. "Hey Y/n we need you for something" his voice died down knowing that he was interrupting something. "Coming Jim" I said loudly. "I'll come to my garage when you're done. You came with Dayne's car didn't you?" He asked and I nodded. "You're coming to my place tonight" he said. He put his arm around mine and started escorting me to where I needed to be. "Thank you Lando" I said softly. He smirked and said "no problem babe".