Catcalls (Max Verstappen x reader)

Summary: y/n and Max have a pleasant conversation after a close encounter with him and his Team, not lacking catcalls and insults. 

Y/n POV 

I fastened my roller skates to my feet and allowed my Renault jacket to slip off my shoulders and to the ground. I always got questioned for my methods of familiarising with the track, but who cared? I still always did pretty good.

One problem was the track that weekend which was unstable, full of slopes and hills, I would have to be extra careful. James, my friend of ten years and one of the PR people in my team, always joined me in these, and we always had good fun. He was putting his skates on slightly slower than me, so I decided to go ahead.

"I'll be done singing The Twelve Days of Christmas by the time you ever remotely manage to catch up for me" I yelled behind me, sprinting ahead. "Oh no you don't" I heard him screaming playfully after me. I giggled and went ahead, knowing that he was perfectly capable of catching up to me later. I skated in a comfortable speed, until in the distance I saw four men "oh no" I groaned to myself. It was him again.

Max and I didn't really like each other, for obvious reasons. He used to be very good friends with Daniel Ricciardo, and they were almost best buddies, until he had to join Renault, and I immediately connected to him as a friend.

That day I had specifically chosen a specific time where I knew he wouldn't be there, which was Golden hour, with the beautiful sunset. I sprinted ahead to catch up to them and screamed "Hey!" The four men turned, and immediately there were mixed reactions. One of the men smirked and looked ne up and down, the other did the same and patted his shoulder, the third one exchanged nervous glances between me and Max, and finally Max sighed, looking really annoyed.

The two men from his team made me immediately realised that I was wearing a tight fitting attire, showing off my curves. Self consciousness quickly took control but I remained unaffected, focused on giving the death stare to Max. "What's this about? I thought that we agreed on different times to stay the fuck away from each other" I said. "Well sweetheart" he said bitterly "the track doesn't belong to you".

"Yeah but we agreed to a certain time so that exactly this doesn't happen" talked back. "You're talking! You're fucking skating like a woman-child" he remarked. "Oh wow" I said sarcastically "way to insult a sport that thousands, if not millions, take part in competitively every year. Real progressive of you". "Don't you have somewhere to be, miss hooker?" One of the snickering men said. I scoffed and laughed at his stupidity "you're just mad because I get more pussy than you, fucking incel" I replied.

"Whore!" He shouted at me. "If that's your best insult then I'm leaving" I replied and turned around. In the meantime James had caught up and was standing bedside me, slightly dragging me with him as he tried to leave to de-escalate the situation.

"Nice ass" the other man next to the one who insulted me shouted after us. "I'm gonna punch him" I whispered to James as we both skated ahead. "They're not worth it" he said quietly. "I can't wait for her to be screaming my name" I heard in the distance, making me turn around, my blood boiling.

But before I could say anything I heard Max step in "no, Will that's just too far. This is between me and her, not you, so I would appreciate if you both stopped objectifying her and just letting me deal with the situation." He said. I made a surprised face to myself and mumbled "he actually did something" to myself. I felt James gently grabbing my arm and leading me ahead on the track, whispering something about not wanting or being in the mood to break up another scuffle I got in, which can admit, also made me laugh. Until sundown we skated around the track several times, but there were no more risky run ins.

—(Time skip)—

I was sitting down on the grass next to the grass, and I was looking at the millions of radiant lights, which were the stars, illuminating the dark night. "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" A voice asked behind me. I jumped slightly and turned around sharply, only to sigh and turn back around once I saw it was Max.

"I'm not tired" I said very coldly, bringing my gaze back up to the sky, totally ignoring the fact that he sat down next to me. "I'm sorry about the catcalls earlier, two people might not seem like a lot but I definitely understand how uncomfortable it can make you"

I laid down on the grass, not breaking my stare above. "That's probably one of the main reasons why I do have trouble finding trust for them" I mumbled, just enough that he could barely hear me.

"I can guarantee you, you will never see them again" he said. After that, none of us really said anything, but it wasn't an awkward silence, it was a comfortable and relaxing silence. "Your skating was really cool" he said after a while, which made me laugh and blush "thanks... I like your... walking" I said, comically struggling to find something to compliment him, purely because I didn't know him that well. Be both chuckled. When the noise died down, he turned more towards me "are you and... what's his name... James... you know... a thing?" He asked hesitantly.

"What!?" I exclaimed "god, no. We've been friends for ten years he's like my own brother. Why?". "Oh nothing... you two just seemed really close" he said shyly. I started giggling and sighed happily "is the mighty Max Verstappen jealous!!! Awww" I mocked him. "Yeah maybe, a little. It already infuriated me enough when they said those disgusting things." He spoke. I nudged his side with my elbow, and mumbled "they were so desperate. Like you." I joked. I smirked at his funny reaction.