Pt 4 F1 vs Motogp Challenge (Max Verstappen x Reader)

Summary: the four go to eat something all together. They have a chat and talk about issues with the industry, but suddenly everyone starts acting a bit suspicious and Y/n doesn't know why.

Note: this is the final part. Thank you for supporting this mini series

Y/n POV

We walked to the cafe in the middle of the town, luckily it was a very small place so no one really saw us, and only a couple of people recognised us. When we arrived and took a seat, we ordered drinks and food. I was felt a bit self conscious eating in front of Max cause I had very "unladylike" tendencies according to my family. These tendencies were just me being unable to eat a salad using a fork, but apparently it would "impact the rest of my life".

"Y/n, now that we have someone from another motorsport" Brad said "I just wanted you to hear out their opinion on the thing". I put my fork down and looked at him, whispering "not now" "yes now" he replied not too quietly "I genuinely think that hearing an opinion which isn't mine will be good for you". I was about to protest when Max asked "what is it? Maybe we can help you". I looked down and started picking on my food "it's honestly nothing-" "y/n had some issues with other riders" Brad interrupted me "and I keep telling her not to worry about it and if she really wants to confront them to go for it". I mean, he wasn't lying. I was told that a certain driver I won't mention met Marc Marquez and started speaking shit about me to him saying I didn't deserve to wins in Moto2.

"What happened" I started explaining "is that I found out from Marc that a certain competitor of mine was going around speaking shit about me and making stuff up for the media. He told Marc that I didn't deserve anything and I only found out because Marc sent me a message on Twitter telling me to watch out cause the guy was up to no good. I guess what sucks is that I didn't consider us friends, but we had a friendly relationship going on".

Max cleared his throat "well unfortunately we do work in an industry where people are willing to step on each other to get to the top" "that's what I told him" I replied pointing to Brad "but as he said as well, nothing stops you from pulling him outside and asking him what's up".

I stayed silent. He had a point. He was much more mature than me, he knew exactly how the industry worked. "You both started competing very young, and that's both an advantage and a disadvantage" continued Checo "your brain is not fully developed Y/n, it's clear that you're gonna think something different, but in my mind life is too short for you to worry about these people. Should you let them tear into you? Obviously not, there's no reason as to why you shouldn't just go up to him and give him a piece if your mind if that's what you really want. But also you can ignore everything. The media will always be manipulative, no matter what you do".

"Thanks guys" I said "I really appreciate the advice". We continued to eat, talking about nonsense and stupid stuff, and I also ended up explaining why I was so awkward during filming because of my sister's situation. Everyone said I did the right thing by taking her in and giving her more support than my parents. Max empathised with my situation and told us the way his father treated him when he was a child, it was honestly heartbreaking. Screaming, manipulation and leaving him at a petrol station for four hours when he lost a karting race. I had never heard of such a thing. When I became interested in motorbikes, i started competing at local tracks at 14, and i obviously was very good. I found a family friend who was willing to offer me a job to set up his stands during local market events, and thats how I started. My parents only allowed me to do it because it would mean I was often out of the house, but they never expected me to get to where I was.

When we were almost finished eating, Max said "I need the toilet" and he looked at Checo who said "oh! Yes I need the toilet too". I gave them a suspicious glance as they both got up, and when they walked away I turned to Brad "what's going on?" "I have no clue".

"I'm sorry for bringing up the thing" he continued "I thought they would help you". I laughed slightly "don't be stupid, it did actually help me, it wasn't brought up in the most subtle of ways though". "Subtle like them suddenly both needing the toilet at the same time" "yeahhh what's up with that?" I asked myself. I checked my phone to see if my sister had texted me since I was a bit of a paranoid sibling, only to again see texts from my parents "forbidding me to help her". I held up the urge to text them "I'm a grown ass adult I can do what I want plus I now have responsibility over her".

Both Checo and Max came back, on the way to the table they were still whispering to each other. We all finished our food and suddenly Checo stood up "ok guys Im gonna get the bill" "no please" I interrupted him "I'll pay today you all helped me so much". Checo scoffed "nonsense the kid should be the last one to pay". He looked down at Max who was smiling at me and subtly elbowed him "oh yes. It makes him look very bad". I was a bit confused and i said "ohhhh kayyy fine. Thanks man".

"Oh I better come with you" said Brad "so I can... uhhh.. I can... oh yeah get my car. I left the car at the facility. I'll pick you up here Y/n". Today everyone was acting so weird. Strange, I thought, didn't he just point out the F1 duo was acting strange for going to the toilet at the same time?

The two of them walked away from the table leaving me and Max by ourselves. "I had lots of fun today" I told him "we should definitely meet up again". "Definitely" he replied "and if you ever do need help, you can text me. Here I'll give you my number". I gave him my phone and he put his number in, when I went to check if everything was good and i started giggling. "You saved yourself as 'Max is the best'?" I asked. He laughed as well "looks like I did". I looked into his eyes and blushed so much I had to look down. Mr World Champion was looking fine today. I don't know what got into me.

If I barely had a blush before, I turned pepper red when he slowly touched my chin and softly made me look up at him "don't hide your face" he said quietly. I was left a red stuttering mess. Thanks Max. I looked back up at him and smiled. Both of us clearly wanted to make a move, but I was too shy and he was probably scared of being too forward. "You're so beautiful Y/n" he told me. I had gone from pepper red to burgundy red. "I- I am?- I mean- um-  thank you... ?" I squeaked out. He laughed because he knew what I meant.

"Let's get out of here" he said. As we both walked out the door Brad approached me with his car. "Actually Bee" I said as I looked up at Max who was a fair bit taller than me "I'm gonna go around for a while. I'll text you when I need you to pick me up". Brad smiled and winked at me "remember to use condoms" he shouted before quickly driving away. "I am so sorry" I immediately began to apologise "he's always been like this theres so excuse for him-"

Max quickly shushed me. "Let's walk around for a bit. I wanna know more about you".