Be professional (Charles Leclerc x reader)

Summary: Y/n is a make up artist who is working with Charles for a photo shoot, and not even her obnoxious colleague can ruin it for her.

Note: finally finished this school year

Y/n PoV

Being a make-up artist had a lot of advantages, as many of my clients were celebrities or influences that I knew. I mainly worked in photo shoot fields, Which is why I had many people telling me that my work was always impressive. Something that I found more interesting in the past few days was doing men's natural make up, and I adapted pretty well. Unfortunately though, in that field and with that success comes a lot of rivalry, And it just so happened that me and one of my old obnoxious peers in cosmetology school, Dyanne, were working on the same shoot. Big mistake to hire us together, especially her.

What Charles Leclerc walked into the room, I was completely and utterly blown away by his beauty. I had seen him in pictures before but in person it was a whole other experience and I was honoured to be working with him that day. We briefly greet each other and I introduced myself and explained what I did, and then I started getting to work. Charles was gorgeous. Literally perfect I would say. His bright vibrant eyes struck me every time I would look up at his gorgeous face, and his warm smile was incredibly contagious. He was like a drug, but I still had to be professional.

I was doing my merry fucking work an occasionally sparking a small conversation with him, when I suddenly heard this obnoxious voice coming from the bitch Dyanne in the other side of the room. "No, no, no, you're doing it all wrong" she said in her incredibly stuck up tone. "You're supposed to do the eyebrows and then conceal". I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose "no because they might be too Instagram or clouded by the setting powder. This is supposed to be very seem less" I replied, not even sparing her a glance.

She scoffed "ughh I don't even know how you passed my course". I rolled my eyes and started blending out Charles' concealer, as I only put in in small spots as apart from that his skin was literally perfect "didn't I get a higher grade than you?". I thought that would shut her up, but I was wrong. Very. I ignored her the best that I could, but at one point enough was enough. She was making herself look very stupid, but it also made me look very unprofessional, and I was usually known for being very pleasant with people. I wasn't gonna let her ruin it for me.

As she kept on rambling about how I was a trash make up artist and I wasn't going to get anywhere, I quickly and silently excused myself to Charles and went over to my desk where I took a post-it and wrote a couple of notes. It reminded me to tell my clients To avoid hiring us together and hiring her in the first place. I knew Charles was sweet and would never complain to our managers because he knew how people sometimes could be irritated and we didn't need my whole career ruined for one mistake, but enough was enough, and she needed to go.

I moved on to defining his eyebrows as he did have a little excess but I really wanted the dark brown to pop under the camera lights. It was a bit awkward because I did go really close to his face but both of us were probably used to it as I had a lot of clients and he had a lot of photo shoots so that wasn't really a big problem. I just hoped the bitch would stay out of my way.

She finally start rambling and left the room, and I finally could breathe normally. I looked at Charles and said "sorry about her she's been a bitch since we were in the same cosmetology course together. I never really got her to get over her entitled to state and somehow we still managed to get hired together". He chuckled in a deep voice and looked down, which might or might not have given me butterflies and said " it's fine, some people just aren't fit to be in the professional field. I had my fair share of unbearable managers".

I giggled and finished the final touches "yeah" I agreed "it seems to happen more than you think". There was a comfortable silence for a while as I made sure everything was perfect, until he suddenly spoke up "hey, listen, I know you just criticised your coworker for being unprofessional in front of me, but I can't help to be unprofessional with you right now. I know we just met and everything but would you mind going on a date with me? I never saw such a strikingly beautiful woman as you. If you want of course!".

My mouth fell open for a couple of seconds, was he really asking me out on a date? The actual Charles Leclerc?!? Only in my dreams would I get asked out by a celebrity crush, and I was so taken aback. I blinked for a moment, trying to register everything "oh" I mumbled "definitely... but are you sure?". He looked surprised at my reply "yeah? Why wouldn't I be?". I tilted my head down in shame "because I'm only the makeup artist. I literally should be insignificant to you". I felt a hand on my chin which pulled my head up to face him again.

"You're not 'just the makeup artist'. You're a beautiful woman with a lot of talent and passion, and this is why you have one of my favourite personalities!" I hugged him for a moment, which was beyond my control. I tried to say something to him but just as I opened my mouth his assistant came in and called him out for the photo shoot. As he got up he glanced at me one final time and winked "see you outside" he whispered in a very sexy tone, which made me blush once again. And it was a blush no makeup could recreate.