(2) Are you happy now? (Max Verstappen x reader

Summary: Part 2, Y/n has blocked Max everywhere and has kicked him out of her life, but he won't give up so easily.

Note: sorry it took so long, gotta have that build up. No but seriously, I've been really busy.

Y/n POV:

A month had passed, where we all were finally able to get a much needed break. I remained in my apartment, not entertaining the idea of moving in with Max any longer. It was was a suggestion from before the breakup, which we never ended up going through with for now obviously reasons. I hadn't realised up to that point, but I was finally happy. The season had ended and ultimately the only focus would be on me after such a long time, I guess it was the beginning of the "lady Macbeth arc" as I liked to call it. It was really no revolutionary realisation apart from the fact that I had finally time to re read my favourite literature, especially Shakespeare's, and soon became hyper fixated with the equivocating character.

Max wasn't doing as well from what I heard, I blocked the motherfucker on all devices and platforms so I wouldn't have known. It was hard for me to feel massive amounts of sympathy, especially because he was the main catalyst to everything. At the end of the day he was the one who held the steering wheel, or the one who could have understood my struggles without blatantly making fun of them.

Social media itself was complete hell. I had single men and Max's crazy fans coming at me from all corners. They treated it as if my will to "transgress the sexual hierarchy" was a crime, let alone a necessarily bad thing. I could've spared myself the turmoil and actually given them a reason for coming for me, for example bashing Max publicly, but I also loved my job despite it being the reason for my recurring failures over him. But over that hate was also a lot of love, and I had amazing fans to keep me going.

I was fixing a cabinet in my kitchen when suddenly my phone rang. I froze for a moment but then realised that Max couldn't contact me, so I glanced at the caller ID. It was Lando. I quickly set down my stuff and picked up, not expecting anything since he was my best friend. I put it on speaker and set it on the counter to continued fixing the cabinet. "Ey man what's up?" I Said, twirling the screwdriver in between my fingers. "Ughh it's... good. Its been good". I sighed, knowing it was a lie.

"Cmon Lando spill the beans" I bugged him "well you see," he mumbled "I'm kind of in a dilemma right now". "What's up?" " so you know how that whole thing happened with M-" "Don't say his name, but yeah" " i promised you I would stay out of it cause I'm mutual with him" "...right?..." "but here's the thing, he wants me to tell you -" "oh lord Lando, just do what I did and block him everywhere" "that's the problem... he's here. Like here here. Like in person." "What the heck Lando?? I'm hanging up" but before I even had time to react, I heard his voice again.

"Wait Y/n, please please don't hang up"

...there it was again...

"I need to talk"

... the shaky breath...

"Im only asking..."

...The blurry eyesight..

"...for one minute..."

...The ringing ears...

"Please"

"..."

"Y/n?"

"What is it?"

I heard Max sigh on the other end. "I just wanna talk, you never really gave me a chance to apologise, what I said that day, it was wrong". I didn't say anything, I shook my head not believing his act. I had been fooled once when I thought he cared, why would I let myself be fooled now? Realistically, I knew we were both angry during that argument, but sometimes true things can be accidentally said: what he said sounded like the truth.

Once again I found myself having the benefit of the doubt for him. People screw up right? Yes, but it's their responsibility when the consequences come. I didn't think I would ever know if he saw my point of view, and frankly I didn't care. "Convince me as to why I should listen to you" I said quietly. My intention was to hide the hurt in my voice, but obviously I wasn't successful. I had cared for this guy since we were both signed together, he was my best friend before everything crumbled and he only stood there watching it, and even worse, capitalising off of it.

"Y/n i'm sorry I really am, I really didn't mean it, I didn't even know that he was doing it" he begged. I sighed sarcastically " do you think I was born yesterday? You had to notice what was going on!"

"... Y/n please..." "oh don't you dare pull the victim card-" "Y/n I love you!" We were both silent for a moment. It gave me a second to realise that, despite everything that happened, I still loved him and there was no way around it. "Come to my place, and I swear to god you better change my mind"

——(Time skip)——

I sipped my coffee, glancing around my empty apartment. I didn't wanna admit it, but I was quite anxious to see him after all that happened. Like I had said before, splitting up was for the best, and I really did feel better without all that toxicity and competition.

The doorbell finally rang, and I set my cup down on the table. I got up and walked to the door, stopping for a moment before taking a breath and finally opening it.

And there he was, awkward glancing at me, I could see some kind of hope in his eyes. I stepped aside and silently gestured him to come in. I closed the door, and when I turned around to face him, I found arms wrapped my waist and my fave buried in his soft grey hoodie.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered "forgive me". I hesitantly returned the hug, allowing my own mind to process my decision. "It's ok" I mumble "it will take time, but that won't come in between us ever again".

I looked up to his rear stained eyes and he gently grabbed my face

"I am so happy now"