High emotions and alcohol (Lando Norris x Reader)

Summary: Y/n is an intern journalist who had a Karting past with Lando, before he abruptly left. She is left completely heartbroken by his ending of their friendship, but the only thing she can do now is build herself back up. Everything goes fine until the end of the season...

Note: THIS IS PARTLY AN A.I GENERATED STORY. I was trying something new but obviously I had to come up with a prompt and and make some modifications for it to make sense.

Y/n POV

I hadn't seen Lando Norris ever since he went to Formula Three. He completely cut contact with me, never checking in on me. I had went on to Oxford University, having excelled at my A Levels. Strange, if my karting partner had gotten to a top Uni I would have congratulated him. But now he was gone, and so was the chance of me working with him again.

It wasn't until I got into university that it dawned on me why Lando wanted to get rid of me. I was the embarrassing geek while he was the Formula one driver all the girls chased after. His social media profile told me everything about his lifestyle, which was full of partying, getting drunk and racing (presumably getting backed up by sex). Meanwhile, mine consisted of studying for exams and practicing Karts when I rarely could. That's what drove him away from me, as he couldn't stand the fact that I could do more than just race a car around a track.

My only form of communication with him was through Facebook, but even then we didn't talk much. We used to live in the same country, so it wasn't like there weren't any opportunities for us to meet up. So when I got an internship as a journalist for Formula one, I couldn't wait to see his shocked face seeing literally the ghost of his past.

The first day of the season started and I arrived at the circuit, excited to finally be working in this industry. The atmosphere was electric, people everywhere shouting and screaming and giving interviews to each other.
"Hey rookie! How's it going Y/n?" Someone shouted out to me before I made it to the pressbox. It was my friend and fellow journalist Lucy. She introduced me to her colleagues and showed me where I needed to go to start the job.

"We need you down in the paddock right now," Lucy said. "The team is waiting for you." I smiled, happy to finally get going. Lucy took me to the garages, introducing me to the mechanics and engineers who had been waiting for me. They were kind enough to give me a tour of their garages, showing me what they did and explaining how the cars worked.
"So you're going to be our new intern? I'm sure your knowledge will help us a lot," one of them said, shaking my hand. I shook his hand back, looking at the other mechanic. He had short brown hair and a beard, wearing a blue shirt and dark jeans. I noticed how he looked at me, making me feel uncomfortable. I know that these are the kind of men that women usually fall for, but I've never been attracted to any man like that.

"Yes, I hope so. It's good to meet everyone." I said as the other approached me  "You can call me Charlie, or Mr. Smith!" he said smugly, holding out his hand. "I'll call you Charlie, thank you," I replied, ignoring his offer of a fist bump and just going for a handshake.

He scoffed "a little birdie told me you and a certain McLaren driver don't get along. It would be a shame if I told him you were here". My eyes widened "you wouldn't! How would you even know this?" Charlie laughed, pointing to the cameraman behind me. "Say hi to the fans out there!" I took a deep breath and prepared myself. "Hi everyone, my name is Y/n and I will be joining the team as an intern this year. Thank you for all your support and I look forward to bringing you all more news from the world of Formula one!"

The camera zoomed in on me and I looked at it with slight disgust. ''Goodbye Lando Norris,'' I thought to myself. "Y/n, come in," I heard the voice of Lucy calling me. I turned around and saw her waving at me. "I'm here!" I called back to her, walking towards her and taking a seat. "So what happened with you and Mr. Norris?" Lucy asked me. "Oh yeah, that," I sighed, thinking back to the moment it was mentioned with the creep. "He stopped talking to me after I went to university and got a better education than him." Lucy laughed "that's because he was jealous." I nodded "oh yeah, that's for sure".