Just a DM (Daniel Ricciardo x Reader)

Summary: Y/N has decided to send a DM to Daniel Ricciardo, not actually expecting him to see it and even less to answer it. Her sister was a big fan of hers and Formula One in general and she got dragged into that world as well. And now her stay in the Formula One universe might have just become... Permanent.

Note: this is a bit similar to the Dares one shot at the beginning of the book but it's still very different

Y/n POV:

"you're literally so stupid!" My friend, Ariana shouted. I was laughing, I didn't care. I had just sent a DM to my celebrity crush Daniel Ricciardo and I couldn't hold my excitement... and fear. I knew there was a low chance of him seeing it, but still you know, it was embarrassing. The only excuse I can give us that I was slightly in the party mood from the other day and I really wanted to relive that excitement. But just for some bit of insight to Daniel Richardo I could be literally no one. I worked a 40 hour a week job to sustain myself and my little sister after we both moved away from (home country), I worked as a retail manager.

It wasn't exactly the best job ever but my little sister was worth it as I loved to so so much and it was only temporary until I got my major in political science when I finished my university course. It was actually my little sister who introduced me to Formula One. The first I thought it was only a bunch of men driving around in circles but then I realised that's not Formula One, that's NASCAR (sick burn).

I was actually watching one of Hasan Piker's streams and then he mentioned how Formula One drivers are all with huge necks when he referred to a pilot from last year's UFO scandals, and then he displayed a picture of Daniel Ricciardo and I crushed on him immediately. After that I started following him and all his social media. I don't think it was like an obsessive obsessive crush, but he was cute and he did kind of live in my head rent-free for a couple of weeks after I first saw that picture of him and I started my research on him properly.

He seemed pretty nice, from his interviews, so I didn't really think that I was going to annoy him too much if I sent him just, you know, an innocent DM. To be honest I didn't really remember what I sent him so I opened the Instagram app and looked at the message with my friend sitting next to me. "So dumb" she said jokingly under my breath.

Hi Daniel, I know you won't see this so it's nice to just have a bit of a confession moment. Actually a few confessions.

1) The other day my dog bit me... SO I BIT HER BACK

2) when my family calls me I'm not actually studying, I'm probably watching Titanic again

3) I only go into restaurants to use the free Wi-Fi and I don't actually buy anything

4) once I pretended to be the supply teacher for a younger class and I didn't get caught until five weeks into the year

5) I thought Formula One was just driving around in circles and then I found out it was NASCAR

6) I start beef with random kids on Twitter

7) I had a crush on my Photography teacher when I was 15 and she was like 30

I'm glad they got that off my chest, even if you want to see this it's better for both of us.

Me and Ariana just kept on laughing for awhile and re-reading the text until suddenly a speech bubble popped up on the other side with three dots. He was typing. We both looked at each other in a deadly silence and I, out of panic, closed the app on my phone and switch the whole thing off. She looked at me, holding herself back from laughing and said "well this is not my problem". I frowned her and said "yeah, thanks" ironically.

She suddenly grabbed the phone off my hands and run around the room, switching it on again and opening the Instagram app. I ran after her, not wanting her to go anywhere near my Instagram to avoid creating more damage preferably. But when I grabbed it I saw that he wrote back and I couldn't resist from checking out his response.

Hello Y/N, I must say these are all very... Interesting confessions and pretty worrying. I'm not sure which one is the worst but I'm gonna go for number five which is one of the seven deadly sins in my opinion. In all seriousness thank you for making me laugh because I was having an actually pretty horrible day today. I checked out your profile and you seem pretty cool. And one last thing, I hope your pillow is cold on both sides. 💚

I gasped and quickly typed a response.

Awww, LOL you're actually so sweet and I hope your charger works as soon as you plug your phone in. Ps I didn't actually bite my dog.

He also replied quickly.

Good to know 😅

However your lack of emojis is criminal 👺👺👺👹👺👺

I laughed out loud and I looked at Ariana as she triumphantly sat down on my couch with a smirk on her face. "Wait," I said, looking up at her "this guy is actually very funny". She laughed a bit of and said "just wait until your little sister finds out she's literally going to freak the hell out." I quickly typed something hoping I didn't just crush my chances with him.

Hey listen, I will you don't want to make this weird, but my little sister is actually a very big fan of yours and I just wanted to know next time where you would come to (Your area/county) so we can buy tickets in advance.

I was pretty nervous as I thought he was probably thinking that I was taking advantage of him, but his response was actually very different to what I was expecting.

Funny thing is that they don't tell me until like two weeks earlier as there is a constant change because of the Covid cases rising again in some countries, but I'm down to have a FaceTime call with you or something so I can say hi to her.

Oh my gosh no you're literally too nice you really don't have to do that!!

Yeah, it's actually an excuse for me to give you my number.

You could've just asked! 😂