Injuries (Carlos Sainz x reader)

Summary: y/n is a WWE superstar and Carlos' girlfriend. They rarely see each other and Carlos gets overprotective when he sees her with an injury 

Y/n POV

After I was given a WWE contract, I knew I would see my boyfriend Carlos, less and less, up to the point where we could only see each other every few weeks. I was busy travelling in the states and sometimes abroad during the week and he would travel to a new country every weekend. When we did see each other however, he spoiled me and we enjoyed every single second we had together. 

But this time, I was nervous for him to see how WWE changed me. My body had gotten to into shape, and I now knew how to do things I didn't even know were possible. The problem was, injuries were unavoidable. During training a few days earlier I had botched a moonsault which resulted in me landing on my side and bruising my back and hip. I tried anything to hide it, but it was still very visible and very painful.

I was outside the train station, waiting for Carlos to come and pick me up. I had only brought one luggage since it was only a few days until I had to go back to Washington DC. I was always shitted on for being part British and part Italian, but I still pursued my dream, and I made it work. 

Suddenly, someone calling my name pulled me out of my train of thought. It was Carlos. He had just gotten out of the taxi. I ran over to him, dropped my luggage and jumped in his arms. He hugged me tightly, pressing in my bruise which I forgot about. "Ow" I whimpered, making him gently drop me on the ground. "What is it y/n?" He asked in his adorable accent, but I shrugged it off. 

"Oh, it's nothing" I said as I casually pulled down my shirt to make sure my injury wasn't visible, but he caught onto that. He tried to get me to take my hand off so that he could see, but I held on until he gave me puppy eyes. I sighed and let go of the shirt, letting him lift it up. He gasped loudly when he was the giant purple bruise on my side. "What happened?!" He asked. I shushed him "I'll tell you in the car" I whispered.

I walked to the car, got on the back seat and smiled to the driver, who returned the gesture. Carlos put my luggage in the trunk and got in the car, sitting next to me. He told the driver to go back to our apartment. It was a bit of awkward silence until he asked "are you gonna tell me what happened now?". 

I faced him, and watched his features tense in worry. "It's really nothing Carlos. I just botched a top rope moonsault and that's it. It's only a bruise". He sighed and put an arm around me, careful not to put pressure on my injury further. "I'm just worried about you babe" he said softly "I know you love being a professional wrestler, but you should be more careful". I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

 "I'm always careful Chilli. It was just an incident. Besides, my training partner was supposed to catch me" I mumbled. He laughed at the mention of his nickname, and that was all I heard before I fell asleep.

Someone was slightly shaking me awake. I groaned and cracked my eyes open, to see Carlos trying to get me up "we're here sleeping beauty" he teased me. I sat up, got out of the car and walked to the doorstep, engulfed by nostalgia. I really missed Carlos during those long and tiring weeks, but now I could finally enjoy my two weeks off. 

Carlos joined me at the doorstep with my luggage and the house keys. I walked in, and before I could even kick my shoes off he lazily tackled me to the couch and hugged me tight. "Carlos! I still need to take my shoes off" I protested as I tried to escape his playful grasp. "I don't care" he said tiredly. My, how I loved that accent!

He finally let go of me. I got off the couch to take my shoes off, but I didn't forget to give him a seductive look. I bent down when I untied my laces, making sure he got a good look at my butt. He scoffed and groaned "Now you're just teasing babe". I stood up, Faced him and flipped my hair "well I need to make it last". I smirked and signaled him to come to me with my index finger. 

As if he was as hypnotised, he walked up to me and kissed me, I pulled out and smirked even more. "Naughty naughty" I said seductively. His hand went to my butt, which made me stand on my tippy toes to peck his lips. "Do you want me to make you anything?" I asked as I walked to the kitchen. 

Carlos rubbed his forehead and said "No don't worry, let's just order a pizza or something." He slumped onto the couch. I knew how it felt to be constantly tired during free time, and all that we both needed was a romantic night to ourselves. I got my phone out to order some pizza, but before that, I texted my family and friends to let them know I was busy with Carlos for the next couple of days.

 I was just about to order, I felt Carlos wrap his arms around me and starting to kiss down my neck, which was definitely distracting. "Promise me you're gonna stay safe while training" he whispered to me. "Always Carlos. I love you" I said. "I love you more" he replied. 

We spent the rest of the night watching movies and cuddling while eating tons of snacks. He might've been slightly overprotective, but I loved him no matter what. Perhaps, I should rethink my contract with WWE. 

I had this one on my head for days, and I love how it turned out! Thank you all for reading! Alice