Crash (Lando Norris)

As I got in my car, I couldn't help but feel nervous. This was my first Formula 1 race, and I hated being the new girl. I had qualified to start in the third place, and I could tell the others were really annoyed. Of course, I was the first woman to race in Formula 1 for a long time, and I was just barely eighteen. 

"Y/n, we have confirmation that it will be another five minutes until the race starts" said my box manager. I nodded and pulled down my visor. I had never been so nervous in a race, probably because everyone hated me. I caught most of them looking at me, and when I would look at them, they looked down. It was never a good sign. 

Lewis Hamilton was first, Sebastian Vettel was second while Lando Norris was fourth right behind me and Max Verstappen. I knew all of them hated me in particular. Especially Norris, whom I could always see smirking at me. I had always ignored other's opinions, but when it came to all my competitors, I was sure they wouldn't even care if I crashed. 

I had managed to make small talk with people from my Pit, yet all of them seemed to be only doing their jobs instead of making friends, which was absolutely fine. One minute to go. Every mechanic rushed back to their pit and every driver got into their position, ready to press the accelerator. 

Four lights went up and then switched off, and we all sped forward. I managed to overtake Vettel, but I was still second behind Hamilton. At this point I could only defend my position until the first turn. 

I suddenly heard a bump behind me and my whole car went ramming forward, fortunately hitting no other cars. "Who the fuck was that" I yelled down my microphone for my Pit team. "Stay calm y/n, Max bumped into you. We're looking if he has any penalties" the voice of my pit operator rang in my mic. "Seriously what is that guy on about?" I muttered under my breath. 

The rest of the race went on pretty decently, until mid race where Perez though it would be a smart idea to go inside the turn to overtake. That made my car go hard against Bottas' car, which resulted in mine being flipped over his. It didn't stop there though. It kept rolling around in the gravel until it hit the wall. 

During the impact, my head was thrown at the steering wheel and even though I had a helmet, it was still hard enough for me to start feeling really disoriented. It was getting worse, and I knew I would pass out in a matter of seconds. "Are you ok y/n?" I heard my Pit manager's voice in my ear. I knew I only had a few seconds left before I lost consciousness, so I quickly told them to get help. The last thing I remember was hearing my team yelling my name when I completely blacked out. 

When I started to wake up, I felt someone pull off my helmet and gently lift my chin up to get a better view of my face. I felt both my forehead and my nose bleeding, and my vision was still really blurry. The person put my arm around their neck and lifted me out of the car by putting one arm under my back and under my legs. 

They spoke softly to me "it's going to be ok, you're ok. I got you". British accent. He sounded very young. Could it possibly be-? No that's impossible, he hates me. "The paramedics are on their way. Just stay awake, I got you." The more he spoke, the more he sounded like Lando Norris. My vision was clearing up and I looked at my rescuer, still holding me in his arms and walking away from the crash. It was actually Lando Norris. 

"You?" I whispered. "Yes it's me. Don't worry, the ambulance is here." He said in a reassuring tone. I heard the sound of an ambulance pullover up. Paramedics came rushing out, rolling a  gurney with them. Lando sat me on it and they took me back in the ambulance. I passed out again after they gave me an Oxygen mask. 

I woke up in what seemed like a hospital, with bright lights shining in my eyes. I shot up to a sitting position which attracted the attention of a nurse who gently pushed me back sown to bed. "What happened?" I asked. "You were in a car crash and got a mild concussion. You're lucky your boyfriend pulled you out of there, otherwise it could have been bad. The car exploded right after the paramedics took you into the hospital." She said. 

"My boyfriend? Who are you talking about? I don't have a boyfriend." I asked confused. The nurse lightly chuckled at the fact that I wasn't worried about my concussion or the fact that I could've died in an explosion, but I was concerned by the thought of a boyfriend. 

"Was it not your boyfriend? My mistake." She said, still laughing a bit "he's waiting outside. He wanted to see you earlier but we couldn't let him since you were still unconscious. Should I let him in?". I nodded and she walked out the room. 

Was my competitor ready visiting me, and did he actually save my life? All these questions were really messing with me. I sat up again when I saw him coming in, and ran a hand through my hair to somehow make it look decent. He rushed to the side of the bed and took my hand. "Hey beautiful, how are you feeling?" he asked softly. 

I was surprised by his sudden delicacy, but I appreciated it. "Uhh... I'm good... I uhhh..." I mumbled. I really didn't know where to start. "Don't worry, the doctors told me you'll be cleared by the end of today" I looked into his eyes and sighed. "let's cut to the chase" I said "why? Why did you help me? Everyone hates me, including you, don't deny it! You could've all been better off without me!". 

Lando shook his head "y/n no one hates you. We just feel that you're taking this way too seriously and that you might exhausts yourself. When I saw the crash, instead of going to my pit, I turned around and drove there. I just knew something wasn't right. Sergio was blaming himself all the time, and everyone was worried sick."

I didn't give him any time to say something else when I hugged him, and he hugged me back. "Thank you" I mumbled. "You're welcome beautiful. I just owed it to you for making you feel that way. 

For the next hours of the day, Lando sat next to my and we just talked nonsense. I never realised he was such a funny guy. When I was finally cleared from the hospital, he offered to take me to his hotel room since mine was very far away from the hospital. 

As we were walking to the taxi, he had one arm around me and I loved every second of it. We both sat at the back and after he told the driver where to go, we started talking again. "Oh my god, does my mum know that I'm ok?!" I asked, suddenly remembering that she could have been really scared. "Yeah don't worry l, I called her when you were being examined." I relaxed and leaned on him "thanks" I muttered. 

Suddenly, he grabbed my chin and gently made me look at him, and he started kissing me. At first I froze, and I didn't know what to do. He immediately pulled away "oh shit, I'm so sorry y/n, I-" "shut up" I interrupted him and kissed him myself. We both deepened it until we were out of breath and pulled out. 

"Wow" I said as I breathed heavily "you're really good". He smirked and replied "you too, beautiful"