The rumours (Daniel Ricciardo x reader)

Summary: Y/N Is a pretty well known Formula one based streamer and content creator. One day, during one of her streams, a certain driver joins just as it gets more chaotic (featuring badboyhalo). [part 1]

Note: I included badboyhalo cause I'm a simp. A proud one. Anyways I don't know if or when a part 2 will come out but stay tuned. By the way, if you don't know who badboyhalo is, just watch one of his videos with skeppy and you pretty much get an idea.

Y/n Pov

My eyes travelled quickly across the screen, and I simultaneously clutched onto the steering wheel for dear life. I was streaming my sim races on Twitch, knowing that that was the only possibility I had to have fun, showcase my skills and still be a pretty small content creator. If it wasn't too harassed by misogynistic men, I would have perhaps taken my chance to be more out there, and showcase for my talent, but for now I had taken lower profile when it came to the F1 community. The f1 fandom started becoming toxic pretty much during the time that social media became more popular and accessible.

I had gotten death threats for being a woman and not clinging to the other men in the industry. I had been insulted for sticking with other women instead of saying "I'm not like other girls". Even my ex girlfriend which I was on good terms with texted me that she was getting homophobic comments on her Instagram. But apart from that, people who respected me still prevailed over the ones who didn't, and my socials reached about 25k followers. Of course, it wasn't the millions that f1 drivers get, but it was still a very exciting number!

I was actually doing pretty good, until my screen started glitching and then suddenly all turned off to black after a bit of static. I banged my fists on my desk and looked at my camera. The chat was spamming Ls.  I giggled the bit to myself and then said "oh come on chat, don't bully me, this is as hard for me as it is for you". I then took my attention off the camera and started looking around the desk to see if I accidentally unplugged anything. From the background the stream could hear my voice still, and I wished they could somehow help me. But of course they did anything but that.

"Guyssssss" I groaned un annoyance "either you help me or I'm not calling Bad". My chat loved Badboyhalo (and honestly so do I, he's such an adorable wholesome muffin) and the only time when they wouldn't bully me was when I was gonna call him during a stream. One thing the two of us had in common was that we were both bullied by our own chats. I looked up when I got a notification of a donation and the text to speech read it out loud. Queriespink: "Hi Y/n, can I just say how hot you look today? The lesbian simps got you ;-) we really enjoy your streams because with Bbh you're like the bridge between the F1 and the Minecraft communities".

I was immediately warmed up by the message, as I didn't get those often "awww thank you so much! I really appreciate it! And definitely, I really like joining communities together, because there's never too many fans! And honestly I'm a proud simp as well". It was incredibly wholesome to see that even my chat could moderate itself to also appreciate me as a creator.

"Ok, so I sent Bad a message on teamspeak, let's hope he's free. Meanwhile I think it's time to do a Q and A, as I try to fix my monitor". I started fumbling with the different wires and plugs. "'What's a movie you absolutely recommend and one movie that we should stay away from?' ah that's a nice question! Ok so i have a couple of options for each. Absolutely watch Hot Fuzz with Simon Pegg, it's hilarious and if you're looking for a more sentimental one, definitely Bohemian rhapsody. Stay away from Enemy at the Gates at any cost, that shit disturbed me and The Rise of Skywalker, probably self explanatory".

It was surprising to see that most of the chat was agreeing with my movie opinions. After a while Bad finally called me on teamspeak and I unmuted myself. "Baaaaadddd" I greeted him excitedly "it's been a while. I'm streaming and the chat wanted you". "Awww that's nice" he said in his adorable voice "your chat loves me more than you". "Don't get too far up your ass-" "Y/N!! LANGUAGE!!" He yelled, and I just tried to hold back my laughter.

"Well anyways..." I started "my monitor shut off mid race". There was a moment of silence, but if I knew anyone who could help me, it was definitely him. "Did you try resetting it?" "The screen is off" "as in manually. There should be a button on the side labelled R.S. Hold it". I did what he instructed and the screen turned white. "Done" "press it again but don't hold". It worked, my screen turned on again. "Bad you're a genius, I literally love you so much".

He giggled and said "thank you muffin". I quickly glanced at the chat and I felt my heart drop when I saw the chat. There was a message from danielricciardo which had a verified checkmark, and all it said was "hi y/n". "Ughhhh Bad?" "Yeah?" "There's a driver in my chat" "really?!" "Yeah, verified too so I know it's fucking legit" "LANGUAGE!!" "Oh well I'm sorry" I said sarcastically "this is so exciting" "I'm excited for you, you muffinhead! What does it say?"

"It just says 'hi y/n'" I said, continuously looking at it "wow this is scary". "Y/nnnnn" Bad groaned "whuuuuuuttttt?" I replied. "Have you been on Twitter lately?" He asked, a hint of something in his voice I couldn't really distinguish. "No? Why would I be? It's so toxic?" I said, but really caring about what he was saying.

"Well one clip of your stream the other day went viral" he added. There was a moment of silence, and I thought he was trolling me, like Skeppy did to him in the past. "Pardon?"

I said after a while. "Yeah, and there's rumours that you did better than actual professionals" "bad, the rumors also say that I've got a sexy ass-" "LANGUAGE!!" "What I mean is that the rumours can be wrong".

I glared at the chat, most people were going hysterical, but then I noticed another message from danielricciardo✔️ : well I can easily fact check that "rumour" for you.

"WHAAAATTTT?!?! BAAAADDDD!!"