Sick (multiple drivers x Reader)

Summary: y/n feels sick during a group dinner with all the drivers and they all start fussimg on her and being too overprotective in her opinion, until they realise it's way more serious than a common bug. 

I sat in my seat in the crowded table. All the drivers decided to go out on a friendly dinner, and I accepted to join out of respect. I was the only female driver in Formula one at the moment, and I felt as if I didn't belong anywhere near those legends. I was playing with my fork, sitting in an uncomfortable position, but one that wouldn't be so painful. 

I was leaving the house earlier and I suddenly felt a sharp pain at my side, I didn't think anything of it so I just got a taxi to the restaurant. I was home alone since my older sister had just revealed she had a girlfriend and moved in with her, while my parent lives in a small town in North east Italy.

"Hello? Hello?! Earth to y/n?!" Daniel Ricciardo's call pulled me out of my daydreaming. I jumped slighted and he chuckled. "What's on your mind, missy?" He asked me. I just shrugged. I only just noticed the waiter starting to collect our dessert plates. "Nothing, I feel so sick but it's probably the period cramps".

He smiled and leant back in his chair "tough, isn't it?" He asked. "Very" I let my head fall onto the table. "Are you ok y/n?" Asked Carlos, who was sitting on the other side of me. "Guys, I'm fine. I really am." I groaned. I felt so much pain at my side but I didn't wanna seem like a crybaby. I felt two hands on my shoulders which made me jump on my seat. 

I looked up to see Lando looking down at me. I smiled at him, but he only looked at me as it if I was a ghost and quickly came up to me from the side, almost making Daniel fall from his chair in the process. "Geez Y/n. I know you live in Manchester but even during the winter you're not this pale" he said. "What are you all assuming? That I'm sick? Guys I'm on my period, that's it." I said. I couldn't believe it! 

 I felt a hand on my forehead. I turned around to see Charles had also joined the group. "Y/n, you're literally boiling. You're definitely sick." He said, obviously worried. "You too Charles? Listen, I'm not used to this temperature and that's it! I'm fine" I groaned. I tried to stand up, but I fell back down gasping for air when I felt a very strong sharp pain in my side. That caused every other driver to gather around. Luckily the restaurant was completely empty apart from us. 

"What is it?" Lewis asked. "My side! It hurts a lot!" I said breathlessly. "Oh now she finally admits it just because Lewis the all powerful is here" Max joked. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tounge out at him. "Which side is it?" Lewis asked me. "My right side. Why are you asking?" I said. He sighed and got up from his kneeling position beside me. "You might have appendicitis. We need to get you to the hospital right away"

"What? Guys, it's probably my cramps, besides I can go there myself, you guys need your rest" I tried to get them to forget about me, I was so scared to accept their help cause it might look selfish on my end. "Do you have any family here who could take care of you?" Max asked, knowing that I didn't. I shook my head. "Exactly. We're taking care of you, it can't be that hard to take you to the hospital unless you're like 5 year old me who hates it" max joked.  

"Ok. I'll drive her there, anyone coming?" Lewis asked. I looked at everyone and before I could say that it wasn't necessary, Lando, Carlos and Charles raised their hands. Lewis rubbed his hands together and said "Cool. Let me pay for the dinner and ill drive us to the hospital." He handed Carlos his car keys "take her to the car and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid. She's your responsibility now" Lewis said a bit quieter. 

"Hey, I heard that!" I pointed out. At this point the other drivers had went back to their seats to grab their stuff. "Let's go boys. Charles, could you please help y/n? It's best if she doesn't walk right now" Carlos said. "Wha-" before I even started protesting I felt Charles pick me up from my chair. "Hey!" I yelled "this is do humiliating" I said to myself. I saw the others laughing at the sight of Charles carrying me off. I held up my middle finger at them and I heard them laughing even more.  

In the parking lot, Lando and Carlos started fooling around on the way to Lewis' car. "Who knows. They even might give us Y/n's appendix in a jar to keep" Lando said. "Oh my god Lando! Ewww that's so gross!" I yelled. Both Lando and Carlos were laughing their asses off and Charles was lightly chuckling. We finally got to Lewis' car. Carlos and Lando fought over the front seat, but Lando ended up sitting in the rear seat and Carlos in front. 

"Respect your elders" I mocked him as Charles sat me in the middle seat, and then sat next to me on the third rear seat. "Well if that's really the logic you're gonna go with, I must remind you that you're only 18." Lando said while smirking. "I fucking hate you all" I said jokingly. I was very tired, I had a rough day, and it was about to get harder. I learned on Lando's shoulder and closed my eyes. 

I wasn't asleep yet, so I felt Lewis get into the car and start it. "Hey Y/n, are you asleep?" Lando asked softly. I was too tired to respond, so I just listened. "Yeah she's sleeping" I heard Charles say. "I swear I knew something was wrong when I saw her." Carlos pointed out. "I just feel sorry for her. She has no idea what she will go through in the next two weeks or so. First they'll have to operate her to remove the infection, then she'll be out for the next few hours, and when she does wake up all the drugs will make it impossible for her to stay alert for the next two days or so. That's why she will need constant babysitting by one of us" Lewis said. 

"You seem an expert on this" Charles teased. "Trust me, when I had it, it was not fun. Oh and by the way, we're here. Someone wake her up please". I felt Lando lightly tap my shoulder to wake me up. "We're here Missy" he teased me softly. 

The operation ended up being successful and I healed in two weeks, and in the meantime, when it wasn't a racing day, I was visited by all the drivers. Sebastian brought me flowers, Max and Carlos got me my favourite chocolate, Lando got me stuffed toys because he was still dwelling on the joke that I was technically a child even tho I was just a year younger than him, and the others got me really funny get well soon cards. I was so thankful to be friends with every single one of my driver colleagues.

Thank u so much for reading. I just realised, in almost every chapter in this book y/n ends up in the hospital. Ooops.