Band and backstory (Lando Norris x Reader)

Summary: George Russel hires his friend, Y/n's band last minute for a party. There she meets Lando...

Fear: Davie504, Stevie T

Y/n POV:

George Russel was lucky I was a good friend. He was hosting a party in his country mansion, but his "fancy" jazz band quit last minute. Gotta wonder why. Luckily it was my free night and everyone in my band could do it, though they didn't stop themselves from complaining like little babies just before we should have been on stage. Everyone was fixing and tuning their instruments. 

"Y/n, I love you and everything, but you have to stop taking risks!" Said Nick, the drummer of my band. "Guys, we've improvised a show so many times. It's like always, we just do the whole album in a different order. You guys must know the drill by now" I said as I finished tuning my guitar, playing a couple of chords. "Yeah but you can't do it every time a friend asks you to." Said Davie, the bassist. (Davie504 reference here)

"I don't get why it's such a big deal. George only asked me to play cause the original band quit last minute" I explained. "Yeah, but why us? He originally hired a fancy jazz band, and now he gets a wannabe Greenday" pointed out the other guitarist, Stevie. (Stevie T reference here)

"Guys please. I know it's very important for him to have perfect music tonight. He's gonna ask his friend to be his girlfriend" I said, looking at everyone. "Fine," said Stevie as he stood up "but you're gonna be in one of my YouTube videos". I groaned and tilted my head back: I always hated to be in camera. But I had to do it. "Fine" I replied "let's just play this damm thing". We went on stage and started setting everything up, getting the microphones ready and stuff. A couple of guests were looking at us, but that was normal as people were used to professional stage managers getting the instruments ready for the musicians in a real show. 

When we finished setting up the instruments,  we got into our positions, me at the front as I was the main singer. A few guests gathered in front of the stage, which was our cue to start the first song. 

Time skip

Our performance was finished: both Me and Stevie improvised a couple of guitar solos and I could safely say we had entertained most of the guests. As we started to pack our instruments up when the party was over, George came up to me. "I sent the money I was going to give the jazz band to you. You deserved it" he said as he put his hand on my shoulder. "She said yes?!" I asked him and he nodded. I squealed like a little girl and hugged him "I knew it! I shipped you guys so hard"

"Thanks Y/n. For everything" he said. "No problem Big Deal" I said. I finished packing up my stuff and started heading out with the rest of the band. As I was saying goodbye to George, someone joined in the conversation. It was a very cute young man, probably in his early twenties. "Hello. I just wanted to say that I loved your music tonight" he said. "Oh thank you so much!" I said. 

"Oh Lando. I think I have never introduced Y/n to you? She's like my best friend in the entire world." He said. "Hmmm" said Lando, looking at me in a semi flattering way "I don't think I've had the pleasure. My name is Lando Norris" we both shook hands. 

"Have you eaten yet" he asked, and I shook my head. "Do you wanna join me for dinner in my house". I shrugged and said "why not?". "I'll leave you guys to it then" George said. I stuck my tongue out at him as Lando walked with me outside the front door. 

Time skip

Lando improvised a pasta, which I had to admit was really good. He talked about McLaren a lot, but I didn't mind, cause I was always a listener. My favourite part was learning about his childhood, and early adulthood. "What about you?" He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Oh. Nothing really that interesting. I used to perform opera, then I quit overnight and formed a rock band" I shrugged. 

"Why did you quit opera?" He asked, slightly furrowing his brows. I sighed and put my fork down. I always got that question, and every time I got sympathy. I didn't need sympathy, because what happened was a wake up call to tell me that I was exhausting myself. "It's hard for me to talk about it" I said. He put his hand on top of mine "you don't have to" he replied softly. "It's ok. I've said this many times anyways" I said, "when I was 17, a couple of years ago, I was already performing in grand stages. I kept working, and working, and working. I kept pushing myself to the limits until my body finally gave me a big Fuck You. You see, I was performing the Queen of the Night one day, and I started feeling dizzy on stage. I ended up passing out backstage, and that was what told me that I needed to stop"

"Wow" he said "I'm sorry that happened to you". I shook my head "well I took it as a learning experience. I met Davie, Stevie in an audition for a music documentary, and then they had us do a test performance with Nick, whom Stevie was mutuals with. I came up with the idea to make it a thing". Lando Smiled and briefly squeezed my hand before letting go of it. 

Once we were both done eating, we watched a horror movie, The Nun, together. I could tell that he was scared of the Nun, and I chuckled as he jumped at every jump scare, but I didn't as I had watched the movie thousands of times. I knew it that well that I started falling asleep on him, letting my head drop on his shoulder. He didn't flinch. He didn't move. I just felt him look at me and then I fully fell asleep.