Intrusion (Lando Norris x Reader)

Summary: Y/n is transferred to London because of her (their) job, near her (their) parents whom she (they) swore to never see again. An interesting meeting happens in Kings Cross station

Note: because my one shots are first person, they can be read as gender neutral but bear in mind that the summaries will include also she her pronouns. I know nobody cares so I won't explain where I've been, but I'm just going to let you know that I feel better and I'm going to start uploading again

Y/n POV

I walked in my office, as devastated as one could be when they were transferred to London as part of their job. I had done everything I could in my power to avoid it, but as always, my boss had the final say. I walked down the corridor stared at by my coworkers, pity in their eyes and sadness- I had become close friends with all of them. Not only had I vowed never to step in that city again, but I especially emphasised the fact that I would try anything to never see my parents again.

"I'm pissed off" I said, putting my beer glass dry own on the counter, enjoying the fact that in this pub no one judged anyone. Tricia, my coworker and now best friend, patted my back "I'm sorry. Even Amy said she didn't want to" "but she's the boss, of course she wanted me out of here". We both looked down, obviously acknowledging the situation, "it's almost like she wants everything in my life to go wrong. Is it a coincidence that my new office is just a couple of roads away from my parents' house?" She sighed "even if it was, we can't do anything about it. You're bound to see them again".

"James can I have another one?" I shouted over to the pub owner "coming right up" he shouted back. I could practically feel Tricia's eyes judging the hell out of me "Y/n I think that's enough" I looked at her, annoyed "I'm sorry but you've got to toughen up. Look, I lost my father when he was just 57, and i never really got to tell him my true feelings. You will have go back, and you won't able to drink off every shift if you bump into them!" She said loudly.

I got up from the stool in my slightly drunken state and put my finger in her face "listen here. You don't know anything. You don't know the full story because you weren't there. And trust me, if you did know, you too wouldn't be too crazy to go back". I took a moment to reflect, and glanced at all the empty glasses on the counter "but you're right, I do need to stop. JAMES!!! Call off my last order". Tricia immediately saw I was losing balance so she carefully grabbed my arm and led me outside to my home. Well apparently not my home for long anymore.

——(Time Skip)——

Kings cross station was exactly like how I remembered it. The collective rush of all the different passengers trying to make it to their train on time brought back my old memories from when I was 16. I took a deep breath and walked forward, dragging my trolley bag behind me, following the other passengers from my same train. Behind me I could hear the voice of a young man, probably in his early twenties and a very prim and proper British accent, he was in the middle of a heated conversation on the phone.

I felt bad to intrude but at the same time I was curious. "What do you mean it's cancelled? I thought COVID cases were decreasing?" There was a moment of quietness until he hummed in realisation "strikes? I mean fair enough, let's just hope we're back on track tomorrow... literally". Although it sounded fun, I really felt like I was invading his privacy. I never looked behind me until we all reached the exit where we would directly emerge outside. I stopped for a moment and moved to the side so I could get my phone out.

... no service ...

"Holy shit! Can't just something go right today??" I mumbled to myself. "Tell me about it" said someone suddenly from behind me. I jumped back and held a hand to my chest "ohmygoshyouscaredme" I said quickly, glancing up to see the person who snuck up on me. He was a young man with brown hair and light eyes, with a nice warm skin tone "I'm sorry" he said, embarrassed, making me immediately recognise his voice: he was the guy from before. "Oh no, please don't worry about it!" I said "I'm just naturally jumpy". I cringed internally at my own words, however he didn't seem to notice.

"Bad day huh?" He asked casually, earning my sarcastic chuckle "more like bad week" I responded quietly which he seemed to catch on. "I'm sorry. Everything is going wrong for me too". The two of us seemed to be experiencing the literal carbon copies of each other's stories. Job trouble, constant travelling, difficult bosses. But something about him didn't seem quite right. Not even to be a Simp, but this guy was literally perfect and you only see these type of people on TV. I couldn't help but not ignore the feeling that I had seen him somewhere before, he was way too familiar.

I studied his studied, he was maintaining eye contact, his hands were in his pockets and his posture was very upright. No doubt this guy has been I cameras before. "I'm sorry do I know you?? I swear I've see you somewhere before" I asked. He chuckled and looked down "well I'm sort of in the mainstream media for my job". It only took me a moment to realise that he was Lando, I felt so stupid I didn't recognise him before.

"Holy shit" I said quietly "I'm sorry I didn't recognise you Lando". He shook his head "literally do not even worry, I actually prefer to meet people privately who aren't hardcore fans. It just makes me feel exploitative". I raised my brows "so you consider this a private encounter mr Norris?" "I was actually gonna ask if you wanted to get a coffee with me, so yeahhhhhhhhhh" he replied. Regardless of the fun awkwardness, I accepted to go to the nearest cafe with him. He had offered to take my trolley, but my independent instinct took over.

"By the way, how much of my conversation on the phone did you hear?" He asked out of the blue. I immediately went red "a good chunk of it" I admitted "I felt like I was intruding". "Well I'm glad you did" he said, before we both started laughing.

Feels good to be back