F1 vs MotoGP challenge (Max Verstappen x Reader)

Summary: Y/n works for Red Bull as a MotoGP Rider, and actually has no connections with her F1 counterparts until the faithful day of the Red Bull F1 vs Moto GP challenge.

Note: this is part 1 of 3 - the first challenge

Y/n POV
It was the day of the Red Bull Formula 1 vs MotoGP challenge. Honestly I wasn't that nervous because I had no relationship with our F1 counterparts despite being really close with Brad Binder, my favourite teammate so far. We were lucky we were sent in together, otherwise I would have straight up refused to be in a room full of men, in front of a camera, probably ignoring me. I'm not saying I hated them, I was sure they were perfectly nice people but I just didn't know them.

Going to the facility where it was going to be filmed, Brad couldn't shut up but I pretty much just stayed silent and listened to him, causing him to check on me a few times. I assured him I was just nervous, and he reiterated the fact that I had an excellent reaction time and we would destroy them. Actually thinking about it, I was getting more nervous the more we approached the challenge: I had heard some things about the F1 world champion that I would have not repeated for obvious reasons. I heard he threatened to head butt a journalist, he showed a dude and that he was just an unpleasant person to work with. I decided to find it the benefit of the doubt as they could have been isolated incidents.

Actually, when I arrived to the facility, holding Brad's hand in a completely platonic way, they said that the other two were already there, and we could hear up to meet them before filming started. We exchanged a look and he nodded, guiding me up the stairs "hey Y/n?" He said, looking down at me as he was ahead in the stairs "I met these guys before. They would love you, I can guarantee that they've seen our work and they know that they're competing with us as equals today". I smiled at him "thanks Bee, I'm not worried, I'm actually pretty comfortable you're there too". We let go of our hands and went up the stairs, where we were met with a camera crew and two pretty tall men wearing Red Bull clothing. Checo and Max.

Me and Brad glanced at each other one last time before going up to everyone to introduce ourselves. Checo had a firm yet secure handshake, very polite and still had the decency to introduce himself rather than expecting me to already know his name. He was a very pleasant person, I could tell that this man was a father all the way. I could sense his protective instinct over me immediately, especially since I was freshly 18 and I still looked pretty young despite my confidence. I was not shy at all until I made eye contact with Max.

His eyes dug into my soul, quite literally. Same with Checo, he had a firm handshake with continuous eye contact, he introduced himself as if he was an ordinary Joe and not the F1 world Champion. Contrary to what I previously I thought about him, he was an absolute gentleman. The four of us walked over to the couches set up in front of each other and sat down. I sat next to Brad and in front of Max while Checo sat in front of Brad.
When Vanessa started introducing the challenge, Brad kept on giving me a look that made me laugh, so after the fifth take they banned us from having any eye contact when she was talking to the camera.

"Today's challenges are going to be a bit different" she said "as you may have noticed, today we have two for each team. We heard your observation that last time the challenge was 4 vs 1. For the first challenge we have an electric piano set up". She gestured towards it. I started getting excited because I loved piano. I played it ever since I was seven years old, and I never lost my passion for it. The rest of the guys didn't look as excited as me, they actually looked incredibly confused, which made it even better for me. "We are going to test your reflexes by placing a laptop in front of you and having you play the notes shown" she explained the challenge "but here's the catch! It's an impossible piece to play, so we only expect you to get about through a quarter of it when it's still easy. Then you're just going to get points the more notes you get right and we won't count time accuracy". I looked at Brad and back at Vanessa, who added "and you'll do it in your pairs as a duet".

Immediately Brad high fived me, because he knew we had an advantage. "Vanessa?" I asked her "I know how to play piano so does that mean I can't do it? Cause it would be an advantage for us". Brad shushed me "can't you shut your mouth at least once?" He joked. "I know we can win fairly" I joked back.

"Well" Vanessa said "unless you know Rush E by heart then that won't be a problem". Oops. I had accidentally learned the beginning for a meme challenge years ago during a party. "I kinda know the beginning" I said, making the F1 duo start laughing cause it would mean Brad would have to do it alone. "No I think you're still gonna do it. Only that the F1 guys get to distract you" she clarified . Brad said "ill take it. But dum and dumber get to go first".

(This is the kinda thing they have but less fancy)

When Max and Checo started the piece, I was already dying at them not being able to find the E key and panicking when they saw the piece speeding up. After like 30 seconds they just decided to smash the keys randomly hoping to get some points. It could've been funnier if we were able to distract them, but alas it is how it is.

(This is Rush E- impossible to play irl)

When it was out turn we both got like 30 seconds to make a strategy for how we were going to do it. I told Brad to be the left hand in the beginning playing chords and i would be the right playing the melody. As we both sat down I said "ok as you know it starts slowly but it gets harder really quickly so be prepared to press the Es in octaves". He turned to me and said "what?" "Do you know what an E on the piano is?" "Kinda" "press a few of those and do as we discussed and it will be fine".

When we sat down, Max and Checo we're already on the other side of the piano making faces at us. "Remember no eye contact cause you crack up at anything" Brad said. I nodded and started the challenge. Because I already knew part of the piece I was able to do the first quarter with ease, Brad assisting me when I needed extra Es, however when we got to half we also resorted to playing random notes, especially when we had to press all the keys at once, but of course The F1 duo was also excellent at distracting. Brad lost his cues twice, I fucked up like 5 chords and they even made me fuck up my favourite bit slightly. Regardless our team won the first challenge.