Anywhere (Lando Norris x Reader)

Summary: Y/n and Lando are in a relationship, and at First they were perfect, but then the busy schedules got to them, leading to fights and walkouts

Note: angst, (deals with screaming, mentions of past abusive relationships, hinted trauma)

Y/n POV

Sometimes I wondered where I went wrong.

I think my relationship with Lando at first was literally perfect. We never fought and we never disagreed, it was the honeymoon phase, as they called it. And I can see why, it was never permanent. Our relationship started deteriorating when our schedules got so busy and he had a lot of stuff to do, but somehow he got having a busy schedule confused with working hard. I was an editor for BadBoyHalo and Eret, and I would mostly edit the long videos which were set in the dream SMP role-play; on top of that, I was studying to get an English Major. He on the other hand, had to go to meetings, he had to do sponsorships and train. His boss basically made his schedule for him but at least it was some kind of healthy schedule and he got some sleep.

I, on the other hand, was completely sleep deprived. Just because I earned less and most of my jobs were suitable for staying at home, it didn't mean that I didn't have a hard life myself. He was born into money, he was born into privilege and when we met I was just a college student with nothing but a small apartment and £500 on my bank account. In the first few months of dating, he always emphasised that I needed to have a regular sleep schedule and he genuinely looked out for me, and even brought up concerns when he saw that I was maintaining a poor lifestyle, like you would expect from a worried boyfriend. But then at least I knew he was caring for me.

It was a Wednesday night, and Lando walked in our shared apartment looking visibly angry. I felt sympathy towards him because we all have those days and I didn't want him to feel that way. I approached him and hugged him, and he carelessly wrapped his arms slightly around me, unbothered. "What is it?" I asked him, trying to get eye contact with me, but he shrugged me off. "Nothing" he mumbled carelessly, chucking off his shoes and collapsing on the couch. I sighed and followed him to sit down, aware of the fact that I still didn't have any type of real eye contact until that point. "You can tell me..." I said with an encouraging tone, careful not to bother him too much. He suddenly got really angry and shouted "I don't want to talk about it! I don't even know why you care". I turned away from him with my jaw open, shocked that the snapped at me so suddenly. I stood up and didn't look at him "I care because I'm your girlfriend, you seem to forget sometimes" I replied, surprisingly hiding my inner feelings of shock and sadness, and sounding really cold.

"oh, I'm sorry I don't treat you like a goddess. My bad!" He said sarcastically, also getting up and walking away to the kitchen. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. Why was he acting like this? I followed him to the kitchen and stood at the door "I never said I wanted you to treat me like a goddess, actually I feel like it's the complete opposite. I always have to be careful not to trigger you because you have your little episodes. You do know that I also work my ass off, right?" I scolded him " I contribute to rent, I contribute to paying our bills, and I always clean the apartment. Just Because my job isn't mainstream and I don't have whatever million followers you have, I also have bad days, but I don't take them out on you". He rolled his eyes and walked out the kitchen, his shoulder bumping mine in the process.

I gasped and looked at him "do you ever respect me?!" I shouted after him. He finally turned to face me " it's time you give me some respect. I gave you a stable household and I could literally take it away right now" he said bitterly. And that was the last straw for me. Without saying anything I walked to my room, grabbed a bag and started packing some clothes, some money and other necessities, then I walked back to where Lando was "you don't need to take it away. I quit, I can't do this anymore. Expect me to pick up my stuff on Monday." I said at him, still calmly. I was so grateful that I had the ability to control my emotions, because if I was any different, I would've started crying at that point.

He didn't say anything, and that was my cue to leave

——Time skip——

"well he's an arsehole" said Paris, my friend who was having me as a temporary roommate then. I sighed and kept my eyes glued at my laptop, attempting to finish editing a video in the next half hour " I think it's better that I left, when he had his outburst, he kind of reminded me of Jack...". "Yeah, but Jack hit you" she pointed out. I turned my chair to look at her " before he started to hit me, he would have so many outbursts. I couldn't help but think that it will happen again, and although I didn't show it, I was scared".

Suddenly my phone dinged and I picked it up. It was a text from Lando.

I need to talk to you right now. Can you come over to our place?

I didn't say anything and showed the text to Paris and she shot me a questioning look. "Are you going to say yes?". I waited for a moment before saying " I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, he was angry and he did have a bad day, but at the same time I can't help to feel that if I go back to him, things won't change". I looked back at my phone and quickly typed.

I'll be over in an hour.

——Time skip——

I took a deep breath in and out as I finally decided to ring the doorbell. I only had to wait a few seconds before I heard rushing footsteps and the front door opening, revealing a very stressed-looking Lando. He was looking down awkwardly, but that didn't stop him from muttering "hi" and stepping aside to let me in. I walked in and I looked around. The apartment was so much messier, and it had only been a few days. I turned to face him fully, and I suddenly jumped when I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me. Lando was hugging me as if he would lose me if he ever let go.

"I'm so sorry" he said, mumbling "I was selfish, and I should've known better". I finally broke out of my trance enough to lift my arms and gently hug back, remembering how I missed the sensation of being in his arms.

"It's ok" I whispered "I'm not going anywhere".