Reserve driver (Multiple Drivers x Reader)

Summary: Y/n is a reserve driver for Mercedes/Williams. Alex got appendicitis. You know the dril

Note: I was inspired by Nyck's debut in Monza. He did so good.

Y/n POV

"Y/n! How's your brother?" Asked the barista after I just ordered my usual. "Same old, same old. He's retaking some tests and starting his new subjects. Sometimes I wish I could bring him with me" I told him. My brother was a huge F1 fan like myself, and ever since I became a reserve driver for Mercedes/Williams he's been dying to come with me. I always said yes, but when the weekends actually came he was so overwhelmed with work, we always postponed it.

I sat down by myself, browsing around Instagram in an attempt to get my mind off of things. It wasn't very long until someone sat opposite me, I looked up and saw Nicholas. "Oh it's you" I said. "Good morning to you too" he replied, sopping off his coffee. I looked around "where's Alex? You two always drink coffee together". "He's not feeling too well. He's having a medical check right now" he explained. "Hope it's not serious" I mumbled.

There was a pause where we both silently finished our coffees. Honestly I usually wasn't a very awkward person, but Alex's situation got me worried. My phone started ringing suddenly, and I picked it up to see it was the boss (cue dramatic music). "Hello?" "Y/n we have a problem" "Jost what's going on? I heard Alex is ill and-" "he's got appendicitis" Jost interrupted me. He sounded really panicked. "He's got WHAT?" "Appendicitis. It's when your appendix-" "I know what it means I just can't believe it. Does that mean...?" "Yes" he said "get ready".

Nicholas looked at me with a concerned expression "excuse me for a sec" I said as I quickly got up and headed to the toilet. "Where are you going?" he asked after me. "To vomit".

No POV

After Y/n ran, Nicholas got the call. And so did Lewis, George, Lando, Sebastian, Daniel, Lance, Esteban, Pierre, Yuki, Fernando, Max, Checo, Charles, Carlos, Valteri, Zhou, Kevin and Mick. It wasn't long until Max went to the lunch hall to find her. As the world Champion he felt like he needed to make sure everyone was comfortable, and usually reserve drivers wouldn't expect to be shoved in the action so suddenly. When he got there he only found Nicholas waiting at the door. "Y/n?" He knocked "girl come out you can't stay in there forever". Max walked up to him "how long has she been in there?" "Five to ten minutes. I think she's stress puking".

Max pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed "I guess she found out just now like us" he said to himself, then he started knocking "y/n? Are you ok". She opened the door, Max quite literally had to take a step back seeing how pale she a was, she almost looked green "Im just emptying my stomach" she tried joking. Max and Nicholas exchanged a look. "It's ok, you don't have to stress" "yeah y/n he's right. This is an opportunity to have fun, not to feel pressured".

Y/n looked up at both men "I know you're trying to make me feel better, I really appreciate it. I'm just not ready". "Well ready or not you signed a contract" the three were interrupted by Daniel. "Daniel please" Said Max "now you're really not helping". Y/n rinsed her face in the sink "no he's right" she added "I'll just have to face it. I just hope they're not expecting anything amazing". She looked at herself in the mirror "dammit I smudged my makeup" she said to herself.

Y/n POV

I was in the my driver's room just putting on a bit of eyeliner and mascara. I never put face products on because I sweat as soon as the helmet comes on. Max and Daniel were helpful, talking me through everything I need to expect from an f1 debut. I was thankful they came to check on me, when I got the phone call I genuinely didn't expect. "Knock knock! Can I come in?" I turned to look at the door and saw Lando leaning against the doorframe.

"Oh my gosh hi" I put everything down and shook his hand "it's so nice to see you again".
He smiled "you too. Just wanted to come by and make sure you're not nervous". I chuckled "well it's impossible to not be nervous, but hey I'll live" I turned back to the mirror and made sure my eyeliner was even. "I heard Daniel came to you and he actually made it worse" "who did you hear it from?" "Max". I sighed "don't blame Daniel. He was trying to help" "yeah and i also heard you vomited out everything, from your birthday lunch to Christmas dinner". I couldn't help but laugh out loud, him joining me "don't worry I ate something".

"Good! You need your energy" he added before saying goodbye "anyways good luck! I'm sure you'll be amazing". I mumbled a quick thank you and packed up my makeup. I quickly got changed into my racing suit and looked at myself in the mirror. Today I was actually going to do something. I couldn't wait to tell my brother, but it was funnier for him to find out by himself when he switched on the TV. Sure enough when I looked at my phone I was flooded by texts and voicemails, all along the lines of "you crazy woman why didn't you tell me?!?".

I was laughing insanely as I typed a reply, ignoring the sound of my door opening. "Hi Y/n" I looked up and saw Seb. I quickly stood up to greet him, and shook hands. We never talked directly "I wanted to wish you good luck, maybe give you a few pointers". "The pleasure is all mine, and yes I would really appreciate it".

He walked on and sat down on my couch. We talked quite a lot. "I Guess Im just scared" I said "I mean, this is my life's dream finally coming true. But I also know I've got one shot and that's it". Seb shook his head "first of all, you've never only got one shot. Second, you're really young, people today will know your name. I wouldn't be surprised if you were wanted in the grid full time. I mean in Formula E you were spectacular. I've never seen other people do what you do". "And I already feel like history. One year of not racing there is all it took". "Hey, if you feel like history then look at me" he joked. "Sorry" i mumbled.

We both stood up and walked to the door. It was time to start getting ready. "you're gonna do great" he said as he side hugged me "I know how it feels. I've seen it before too. Young stars just wanting to prove themselves, then slowly becoming legends". I looked at him "you have a lot of experience yourself" "I've had my fair share yes".