Mind your business, dude (Charles Leclerc x reader)

Y/N POV

I was hanging out with my friends, Alex and George. Before they became rookies in Formula One, we saw each other almost every week, but now, with all that traveling, we rarely hung out. I met them after a bar fight broke out: I got a black eye and a fractured rib by this huge guy, but I broke his arm in the process. Then, we all fled when we heard the police car coming, and I bumped into them and they were kind enough to take me to the hospital. Since that time, we have never stopped talking to each other.

Despite what it may seem, I never liked violent contact sports such as rugby or American football, but I am an ice skater with three national titles under my belt, but I, fortunately, don't get media attention, so not many people know me for my skating career. Only my family and my female best friend, Leni, really fussed about it. I preferred not to tell anyone apart from my best friend as I just wanted to be known for who I am, not who I compete as. On the other hand, I wouldn't keep it a secret. If people found out, they found out. 

I sat down on Alex's couch and fixed my shirt. Both Alex and George were eyeing me suspiciously. "Guys. What's up?" I asked them. "you have been really salty lately," George pointed out. I shrugged, "It's probably because I haven't been able to perform," I said, not wanting to bring up my skating career. "we think it's because of a lack of sex." Alex said comedically, ignoring my previous statement.

"are you serious?" I asked them, "guys, I'm happy just the way I am. Think more about your sex!". George smirked "oh, trust me. I know too much about that." he said, which made me roll my eyes. "so we decided to set you up on a blind date," Alex said. "a blind date?!" I repeated. "at the skating rink" he continued, making my mouth fall open. "With who?" I asked in my shyest voice "with our friend Charles".

My eyes widened and only a raspy sound came out of my mouth. "you mean Formula One driver  Charles Leclerc?!?" I asked panicked. Both of them nodded and I cringed. "when?" I asked, dreading to know the answer "tomorrow late afternoon" Alex said while smirking. I couldn't move. "we know you have a crush on him" laughed George. I let my head drop to my hands as my cheeks became a light shade of pink. 

"I can't do it guys," I said, "I'm ugly and hopeless. Why would he ever be seen in public with me?". "Well, one, you're not ugly or hopeless. Two, he already agreed so there's nothing you can do about it."

Time skip

"So in short, you don't want to look bad? Cmon Y/n, it will be easy. You just show him how good you are at skating and he'll definitely be impressed" Leni said. "I know I could do that but then it would make me look attention-seeking. I don't know much about men but I'm pretty sure they all want the same thing: 1- skinny 2-weak 3-dumb. And I'm none of that. Do you really think he'd like a muscly feminist with more degrees than him?"

"What's your plan then? She asked sarcastically. "Simple. I'll pretend to be dumb and shit at skating. He definitely won't like it but I'd rather he didn't like a fake personality than who I am" "he's gonna see right through you" she said under her breath. "Don't worry, I'm a great actress" I said while I smirked. 

Time skip 

I walked into the ice rink and immediately regretted it: there were neon lights, lots of people, and obnoxious 1990s disco music. "Is this the right place?" I asked myself. George told me this was the place and the time, but I didn't see Charles anywhere. "You must be Y/n" I heard a voice from behind me, which made me jump. I turned around and saw him standing behind me "yeah that's me!" I said. 

"Trust me, if I had to organise a blind date I would never do it at an ice skating center," he said as we both sat down at a cafe table. "They annoyed the fuck out of me to come here" I replied, still not able to register the fact that I was talking to Charles Leclerc himself. "me too," he said "So. Do you skate?" he asked. "Uhhhh" I quickly thought of an answer, "I might know a thing or two" I wasn't technically lying. 

"Should we have a go?" he asked, making my heart kind of jump. "ugh, sure" I responded. I kept telling myself that I needed to look bad otherwise he would think I was show off. We both got the skates and changed into them, while we just talked about what we did in our free time, which actually showed we had a lot in common. However, I was still really hesitant of showing him my true self.

When we were ready, we both stepped on the ice. I could see Charles was already struggling, but it felt so natural for me. I smirked as I think of a clever way to flirt with him. I pretended to slip, and he caught me with his strong arms "oh thank you, I'm so clumsy" I said while chuckling, he blushed and helped me get up. "Are you ok?" He asked. I nodded. 

He started to get the hang of it, so I went a bit faster. We ended up spending around an hour in the ice until we both decided to go for a walk. We changed back to our shoes and and started heading for the exit. As Charles was getting us hot chocolate, I noticed a man looking at me, and if looks could kill, I'd be already celebrating my funeral. He seemed familiar from somewhere- oh shit. It was the guy from the bar fight. 

He slowly came up to me, and I really took my time to properly look at him. "I still need payback from that day" he said darkly, as I took a step back. "I don't owe you anything! You fractured my rib!" I said, and he grabbed my wrist. "Now listen to me girly..." "is there a problem here?" I heard Charles' voice from behind me. I felt the freedom of my wrist again and took another step back. 

"Mind your business dude" the man said, looking at me with fire in his eyes. "It is my business. You are clearly making my date uncomfortable and I'd like to know why" he said sternly. "Well your little girlfriend broke my arm"

"Well you almost killed me by fracturing my rib!" I yelled at him. "You don't know how much it hurts, right?" He said darkly. "Yeah i do, Karen. I'm a professional ice skater, but you only seem to Remember that when you use it as an insult" I pointed out sarcastically. Charles was just standing there, jaw on the floor. "Cmon Charles, we have better places to be" I said as I grabbed his arm and started walking away, still maintaining eye contact with the dude. 

As we were leaving, the dude shouted after me "next time I won't be so kind with you!" "Next time I'll break both your arms" I yelled back. "See you at the stripclub, bitch!" He said back. "Good luck with getting in!" I said as we finally got out. 

We both stopped and he stood in front of me. "Well that was something" he said. "Yeah," I mumbled and looked down. "You have a lot if explaining to do" he continued. I opened my mouth to say something, but he put his index finger on my lips, "later thought". "Agreed" I said quietly. "My place?" He asked. "Your place" I winked at him.