Irrelevant (Lance Stroll x reader) Re Edited

Summary: Y/n writes a paper about Lance Stroll and it gains more attention than she thinks, leading him to respond and start a social media fiasco. It gets really messy...

Note: i don't hate Lance Stroll I'm just a big enemies to lovers fan.
I almost completely rewrote it to make it less SJW 2020. For some reason I loved being a performative activist. Anyways the story is actually better now. Lance is less apologetic and Y/n more mature and reasonable.

Y/n POV

My internet feud started with Lance in the middle of March, right during the UK lockdown. For a young activist with a relatively small following compared to his, it was terrifying, but I also stuck up for what was right. I had previously called out J.K Rowling for writing a very manipulative essay for her young following, and criticised F1 drivers, even Lando Norris and Lewis Hamilton. Most of my articles were did go a bit hard on them so if I thought I was too aggressive I would delete them or modify them. Sometimes I could even admit I forgot that they were limited by their sponsors to speak on "political stuff".

When I started working on a piece criticising Lance Stroll, one of his ex friends DMed me and gave me some very convincing dirt on him. To emphasise, I didn't reach out to them first, I didn't even know who they were. But they told me some very interesting stuff on Stroll, which convinced me to go ahead with the paper. I was told a lot of stuff and some of it was bad, but naturally I couldn't just write about it with no evidence, so I made the research myself.

After going down several dead ends and rabbit holes, I found his old tweets and an old Instagram video of him which seemed to confirm the rumours. I wrote everything I needed to write, once again explaining that some celebrities, especially some of the drivers, did not deserve to be where they were at this rate. I quickly published my article on my platform and went to bed. I never had a big platform, however, the few thousands people who read my stuff enjoyed it a lot. One of my only papers to go "viral" was one when I talked about the worst experience I had with a big celebrity, and my other papers were often shadow banned, so I really didn't expect any to gain as much attention.

But it did.

A few days after I published the article, it immediately started to get a lot of attention as Stroll's name had been trending. Apparently he saw it himself and responded to it in an interview. I watched the video on my iPad as the interviewer asked him a lot of questions "many of us recently read the article where a lot of your past is brought up. What is your response?". Lance immediately tensed a bit and replied aggressively "I was like 15, and people change. If a failed journalist is going out of her way to contact my former friends to get dirt out of me, then she's obviously looking for clout. If my name gets dragged into an irrelevant college paper full of accusations from ten years ago, then the person who wrote it was just looking for clout. She got it, and now that my name isn't trending anymore she's now irrelevant. It's really a shame cause I heard she's really pretty."

I was beyond fuming. How dare this 25 or something year old man speak about an 18 to 19 year old girl, not with facts but with insults. He did attempt to disprove the accusations but that was overshadowed by the personal comments about me. I was surprised he didn't sue me. Maybe because "he heard I was pretty". He again like any other person, avoided taking accountability and deflected the negative attention on me. I was so angry, so I decided to make a YouTube video responding to him since I also had a decently sized following in there. I set up my lighting and did a natural glam and dressed neutrally. I set up my camera and started recording.

Lance POV

Once again, my PR manager burst into my room holding a laptop. Last time he did that was a couple of days ago when that journalist wrote that paper about me. "Lance your father said he would sue but it's up to you" He handed me the laptop and quickly left the room. I looked at the screen of the laptop and it took me a couple of seconds to register what I was seeing. The journalist, Y/n was her name, was talking in front of the camera looking like a goddess. "Let my get this straight" she said. I didn't imagine her voice to be so harmonious "no, I did not want clout when I published the paper, I didn't know Lance's name was trending and if I knew about all the hate he and I would receive, I would have never published it. Yet What I did know and I still stand by is that people that deviate accountability like Lance Stroll did in yesterday's interview are the ones that least deserve their platform. This video is going to probably be very short as his counter statement was incredibly short, unpredictable and derogatory. I don't have time to argue with people like that. And if this gets taken down it means we either sorted it out privately or he sued me"