Drunk (Max Verstappen x Reader)

Summary: y/n breaks up with her girlfriend, and she tries to drink it off despite the fact that she's not allowed to, but then Max finds her before she completely passes out in the bar. 

Note: y/n is omnisexual (likes all genders but can see gender, a bit of LGBTQ education for you there)

Y/n POV

"I'm so sorry Y/n. I told you I was bi, but I was only curious" Lana said, while looking down in guilt. "What do you mean?" I asked, already knowing what was coming "I'm straight. I'm sorry, I should've checked with myself first-" she started making excuses for herself. "Forget it" I said "you should have told me earlier. Or were you still attracted to my money? Free travelling? Or was it my career? I really can't tell". 

"Well I was never attracted to your bitchy attitude if that's what you're asking." She replied sassily. "Leave" I said, while pointing at the door. "What?" She shouted. "LEAVE" I raised my voice over her "take your shit, every designer bag you got with my money, all those coats and whatever else you took advantage on me for, and leave!"

That conversation rung in my head like a bunch of church bells. I was sitting in the stool of the bar, drinking what I think was the fourth shot. We were in Monaco, and I had just snuck to the pub, even though I wasn't really allowed to drink for obvious reasons. I put down my glass and cringed at the amount of noise it made, despite fact that loud music was playing in the room. 

"Another one" I told the barista, handing him the money. Lara was probably off partying with her barbie friends, while I, youngest ever female formula one driver, was busy drinking the breakup off: I couldn't remember last time someone hurt me so bad. Of course, it wasn't her fault she wasn't bi, but the fact that she only used me for my wealth was disgusting.

I saw someone sit next to me in the corner of my eye. I turned around and saw Max sitting next to me. He handed the barista some money and ordered a drink, not even glancing at me. "You know you're not supposed to be here, right?" He asked, still not even making eye contact. 

"Whatcha gonna do bout it?" I slurred out before drinking my next shot, and wincing at the string taste. "What happened?" He asked, sympathy in his tone. "My girlfriend turned out to be straight, she finally confessed that she only used me for money and I kicked her out. What about you?" I said, hiding my broken state on my casual voice.

"Nothing really. I'm really sorry about your girlfriend, I can't imagine how it feels, but you can't just throw yourself away like this" he scolded me. "Haha very funny" I said sarcastically "I can actually. I was totally in love with her, and she lied to me every time she said 'I love you' and it kills me so much". "Well you can't just be in a hangover tomorrow. Just in case you forgot, tomorrow's Friday, and Monaco doesn't take prisoners" he explained. 

I rolled my eyes and put my glass down. I was about to ask for another one when Max stopped me "you're done for today" he said sternly. "No I'm not" I slurred out, all that alcohol finally getting to me. "I need to get you back to your room" he said. "I'm fine, I can go by myself" I said, my eyesight getting very blurry. "No you're not" "why do you even care?" "Don't argue with me baby" he said sweetly.

Max POV

"Hold on Max, I asked a question. Why do you care?" She said, while attempting get on her feet, but her knees gave away and she fell. I caught her in time by holding up her upper body, making our faces go pretty close to each other. I thought we were about to kiss, but shook that thought away. Instead I stood up myself and swung my other arm under her knees and picked her up. "You're drunk, and I would never take advantage of you. Let's get you to bed". She groaned and put an arm around my neck "whyyyyyy? I would've likeeedddd ittt" She said. I chuckled lightly and started walking back to her room, making sure no one of her team saw her in that condition.

I felt her body relax in my arms and i realised she must've knocked out from all those shots. I finally reached her room. I carefully opened the door to find Lewis on his phone sitting in her bed. "Oh my god. What happened to her?! I was looking for her for a whole hour" he said as he got up to help me lay her on the bed. As a teammate, Lewis was very protective of Y/n, even for little scratches. "She was already drunk when I found her. It's a long story, but I think she's gonna be fine" I said while scratching the back of my neck.

"Poor girl" he said "the hangover tomorrow is gonna be bad, but she will still be able to race" he paused for a moment until he asked "it was her girlfriend, wasn't it?".

I nodded. "I knew she was too good for her. I kept on trying to warn her cause I saw her flirting with many guys, but she seemed so in love" Lewis explained. "I like her" I said softly "but it can't work if she's gay, and I don't wanna force her to do anything". "Bro she's omnisexual, she likes men aswell" he said while laughing. I felt everything inside me light up "really?!" I never smiled so hard.

 "Really" I heard Y/n groan from the bed. We both looked over to her and saw she was awake, trying to sit up. We both gently pushed her back down "you need to sleep y/n. How much did you hear of that?" I asked, turning bright red. "Pretty much all of it, but I like you too Max" she said before closing her eyes and drifting off again. I felt Lewis put his hand on my shoulder "that was a close one bud" he said before leaving to go to his own room.

I tucked Y/n under the bedsheets, got on her couch and closed the lights. I knew tomorrow was going to be bad for her, so I decided not to leave her for the night. I quickly fell asleep myself, thinking about asking her on a date on Monday.