Wrong judgement (Lando Norris x Male Reader)

Note: requested by @zeptosis. I know some kids over on Tiktok say that me writing this would be fetishisation of gay men, but I was requested this and I as a writer provide a service. I hope you enjoy.

I apologise for the hiatus. This took so long because I took a break. I wrote over Christmas so I'm starting to publish stuff again.

Summary: Y/n is an F2 driver and he happens to be very jealous of Lando. Lots of drama coming up

Y/n POV:

I was running away from my problems again. It had become a recent issue of mine, especially coming to terms with the fact that I didn't make it in formula 1 after a whole year of trying. Again. What made it even more humiliating was that my crush/rival made it. He was gonna be the next big thing, and i was still stuck in formula two. My issues with Lando Norris had been piling up for a long time, especially because he only seemed to notice my existence on track and that was only because I was tough competition. Off track it was like I was invisible.

So there I was, walking around the paddock with my AirPods set to noice cancelling mode and my phone on airplane mode. Midnight is a good time to ignore all my feelings, especially because no one from my team can suffocate me if I'm not getting enough sleep. My thoughts lingered a lot on what I could've done to be better, not like I was ever perfect but I didn't remember any event that stood out to me. I knew I should've stopped thinking about it, but honestly I was super overlooked. Not that I could blame anyone apart from myself. Sometimes I just wanted to walk away from it. All of it. I wondered if- "hey!".

I jumped and shouted "what the hell! Don't sneak up on people like that". My voice probably jumped two octaves from the scare. I turned around. It was him .I took my AirPods out. " I'm so sorry" he apologised "I saw you out here by yourself and you looked in deep thought, for a second I thought you were sleepwalking". I let out the most minimal laugh "yeah, I'm a thinking person. Although I was a sleepwalker when I was a child".

It was really awkward for a moment, I turned to look at the dark night sky then he spoke up again "soooo... why are you out here?" He asked. "Couldn't sleep" I confessed "and when I can't sleep I think of a list of regrets". "A list?" "Yeah. It's mainly people. I think about how I could change their perception of me if I went back in time. My sister, my brother, my mum, my manager, my trainer, my cat-" Lando couldn't help but release a chuckle "it's a long list" he commented. I faced him again "yes it's a long list, no wonder I don't sleep". "Am I on this list?" He asked out of the blue after a few seconds of complete silence. I didn't say anything at first, but this was my chance to speak my mind "yes. I'm jealous. You got where you wanted, and I'm always a step behind".

His face dropped, and hd didn't really need to comment on anything I said. "It's sad honestly" I continued "you don't need to worry about me. You've got much more on your plate now". I went back to mindlessness staring at the stars, assuming he'd just walk away. "I deserve this. I worked for this" he replied- he was getting a bit too defensive for my liking. "Nobody said you didn't" I said casually "you're just insecure. I deserve to be where you are as much as you do". He chuckled sarcastically "it's your problem mate. I'm very confident". He was getting on my nerves now. "I wouldn't say confident" I leaned against the barriers "I would say cocky". He scoffed "you said yourself. You're jealous". I rolled my eyes "yeah right as if you didn't have an advantage over me. I think you should go, I wanna be alone".

"And then you call me insecure" he said before walking away. I took a few moments to process the conversation we just had. On the one hand I believed he needed that reality check but on the other hand I felt like I kinda fucked up. Great, if he didn't like me before, he certainly wouldn't now. It was late, I needed to get back to bed.

----(Time Skip)----

I woke up that next morning, immediately cringing at the sheer memory of the night before. What the hell was I thinking? I acted like a dickhead. I knew I'd have to apologise at some point but one, I was too stubborn for that and two, he had a bunch of security and I knew i wouldn't be able top see him without a good reason. "I need to talk to him" isn't a good reason. I decided to go on with my day and wait until I had a good opportunity to chat- not before I secured the biggest cup of coffee.

The start of my day wasn't too slow, but I still was annoyed at the fact that I had to look presentable for the cameras. My hair was short enough that I could usually just make it messy by waving my hands through, but that morning the bed hair did not budge. Of course.

I was quickly walking to my garage when I bumped into someone, low on behold out of anyone it could've been, it was him. "Oh sorry" I said as an automatic reaction, but he looked at me sadly for a second before also apologising. I gave him a sad smile and mumbled "yeah... sorry" before quickly walking away.

Great Flirting. 10/10.

If he tried to tell me something, I wouldn't have known, my back was already to him as I escaped that awkward interaction as if it was the whole damn plague. Might as well have been. No doubt I was gonna see him again- hopefully it's gonna be better then.

yeah, I am an idiot.