[platonic] Class prank (Teacher! Lando Norris x Troublemaker! Reader)

Summary: (this was inspired by an episode in an Italian tv show, il collegio 3) Y/n is a troublemaker, who hates Mr Norris' lessons. She decides to pull one final class prank in a Friday afternoon lesson. 

Note: this is platonic, and it was just to make something funny (also romantic teacher x student? Hell na)

Y/n POV 

I walked Into the dreaded room where I would take English  lessons. My parents forced me to take English language so that I wouldn't lose it while learning literature. And I completely hated it. And the teacher.

Mr Norris wasn't that bad, he was actually a pretty decent guy but I hated the way he thought. He would give us so much homework and he wouldn't let us even talk two minutes to each other during class. But he didn't scare me. I had gotten about 100 detentions since the beginning of a year, I didn't care. I ended up upholding my reputation of class clown. I came up with all the pranks and all the different ways my class could make his lesson way more fun, and by then I was pretty sure I was his least favourite student. But again I did not care.

It was the last period on a Friday, and I was coming in his room and he had left momentarily. "Guys, when he comes back in we're all going to say that we feel a seismic frequency and we're all going to scream and get under our desk and say that it's an earthquake. And then one of us is gonna scream to evacuate" I said out loud so that everyone could hear me. Most of the class chuckled apart from the occasional eye rolls from the teacher's pet, and we all agreed to make a Friday afternoon a bit more entertaining.

"I can't do it because then he'll know it's a prank, someone quiet has to do it" I said. "I'll do it" said Julia, who was actually a very silent student most of the time. "Guys, guys he's coming!" Said a male student, and we all rushed to our seats. He came in wearing his usual formal attire, and I even heard a few girls behind me giggling. I had to admit the guy was good looking, and he wasn't that much older than us, but I still took the piss out of him.

"Good morning everyone, today we are going to focus on analytical language and animal farm". There was a collective groan across the class as everyone found that topic boring. " that wasn't an invitation to talk" he said very sternly, which made me turn to the whole class and say "yeah". Everyone started laughing and he gave me a serious expression. "Y/n if you don't behave during this lesson I will send you to the head" he threatened.

"Ooo scary, shiver me timbers" I said under my breath. "What was that?" He said louder, making me raise my hands in a fake surrender and say "I didn't say anything why do you keep arguing". He shot me another glance before turning to his desk and sitting down, logging in on the computer.

After a couple of minutes of him going on about how grammar and spelling was important even during analysing essays, Julia suddenly said "Sir, do you hear that?". He looked up, confused and all of us started asking him if it was hearing the noise. "It's an earthquake!" I screamed dramatically "get under your desks!". We all held giggles as most of us hid under our desks, like we would in an earthquake drill, of course the two or three teachers pets remaining sat down quietly.

Mr Norris walked closer and started yelling "what is this clownery?". We all ignored him as I got up from under the desk and turned to everybody "we need to evacuate! Evacuation everybody". We all stood up and headed to the door, but he screamed "what? Get back to your seats". We all ignored him until he also faced the door and shouted "HEADMASTER! HEADMASTER!".

We all rushed back to our seats, laughing like crazy. I had tears coming from my eyes and I was banging on the desk. He looked back at all of us and asked "is that it? Are you done?". We all giggled and nodded yes "I only needed one word: Headmaster" he continued dramatically, fuelling our laughter even more "The earthquake stopped, and the evacuation also halted".

As much as I hated the guy, I had to admit he was funny and he even made us laugh when we should have been into lots of trouble. "Get it?" I said, addressing my classmates again. "And you keep pushing it" he said.

After the long dreaded lesson ended, unfortunately with no stunts from me as he was watching me like a hawk, the Bell finally rang and we were told to pack up. As he dismissed us, I closed my eyes, hoping he won't say what I thought he would say.

"Y/n please stay behind for a moment"

I closed my eyes and tilted my head back, not wanting to deal with him a second longer. As the whole class left, I approached his desk where he was digging in a few workbooks, and I awkwardly stood there waiting for him to tell me off like every single time.

"Y/n you need to understand that I need the whole class' concentration. It isn't just about your grades, but it's also about theirs" he said, while looking at me in the eyes. I looked down and said "I know the others won't fail, and it was just a harmless prank". He sighed and got out a workbook, handing it to me. I looked at the name, and it was my workbook. I looked back up at him, and he gestured me to open it. I swallowed, probably already knowing that he was showing me my recent grade to prove a point. I opened it, and I almost gasped when I saw "97%" circled in red.

"The class average was around 45%. You're really talented, but you need to focus on my lessons as well. Not all your friends are getting almost perfect grades, so please be mindful that although it is a Friday afternoon, it is my best interest to give you the best grade you all can get. Otherwise, what's the point of being here".

I nodded and looked back over the test, satisfied to see all the green ticks and very little red pen corrections. "Now go, enjoy your weekend" he said, sitting back on his chair.

"No detention?" I asked, and he shook his head "I figured they don't keep you in line anyways". I smiled and put the workbook back on the desk. "Have a good weekend sir" "you too" he said after me as I left the room. I high fives my friends waiting outside, ready to leave that wretched place for at least two days.