Chapter 5: All You'll Ever Knead

Kawaii~chan/ Nana's POV:

Zane had come over to my house- while Garroth was busy cleaning out his room- to hang out. Katelyn was out at the grocery store so we didn't have to be careful with what we call each other. Zane and I decided to watch a movie to pass the time so I went to go and chose one.

"Zane, what movie do you want to watch? Action, romance or comedy?"

"Umm..., whatever you want four-er I mean Nana.", he corrected himself.

I chose a comedy called 'Madea's Family Reunion'. When we were half-way through the movie I noticed Zane looking sad. "Zane? What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, this just reminds me of Aph. It feels like forever until she and Travis get back.", he told me.

I don't know why but my heart started beating quickly and I felt upset for some reason. Am I jealous of Aphmau? I know that Zane cared a lot about Aph but I never thought of her as a threat to our relationship before. And I'm going to start now! Zane said he loves me, and only me, I'm sure of it.

"Hello? Halloo? Earth to Nana. Are you there?", he waved his hand over my face.

"Oh, yes Zane, I'm okay. Just thinking. I miss her too.", I began, "But on the plus side you're getting getter at remembering people's names! Maybe by the time they come you'll have mastered it!"

"Thanks Nana, and I hope so too. Let's continue watching the movie.", he said putting his arm around my neck. My face instantly went red, and I pressed the play button again. But as soon as I did the doorbell rang.

Zane's POV

The doorbell rang and Nana insisted on answering it.

"ZANE!", I heard a voice not belonging to Nana's call my name.

It sounded like- "Ahhh!", thre-Kim wrapped her arms around me.

"K-Kim?!", I stuttered.

"Zane, I'm so sorry! Ghost heard that you were here and just went nuts!", Kim apologised taking back over her body and releasing me.

"It's okay Kim~chan. Zane~kun and Kawaii~chan were just watching a movie. If you want Kim~chan can join us.", my heart sank at her invite. I wanted it to be just me and her.

"No it's-"

"OF COURSE WE'D LIKE TOO!", Ghost cut off Kim.

"Okay great! Kawaii~chan will go get popcorn or would you want cupcakes instead Kim~chan and Ghost~chan?"

"CUPCAKES!", Ghost shouted.

"Okay! I'll be back soon okay Zane~kun.", I nodded as she left to go to the kitchen.

"Hey~ Zane.", Ghost said get uncomfortably close to me.

"H-hey Ghost."

"So how are you and Kawaii~chan doing Zane?", Kim took control over her body again moving away.

"We're okay...", I said then Kim started nudging her head in the direction of the kitchen, "Huh?"

"You should make sure that Kawaii~chan is okay or something, I'll be here having a word with a certain someone."

"Okay then...?", I said, "if you wanted private time with Ghost you could have just said so you know."

"I know but choice of words will set her off, so you best get going while I talk with her.", I nodded and went to check on Nana.

I found her in the kitchen as expected trying to reach the flour on the top shelf. I went up to the shelf and got it down for her and opened the jar.

"Thanks Zane!"

"No problem Nana. Why was it on the top shelf if you know you can't reach it?"

"Katelyn~sama-umm, Katelyn, put it up there so that I stopped making too many sweets."

"What!? But sweets are the best thing in the world, especially yours."

Kawaii~chan's POV

"What!? But sweets are the best thing in the world, especially yours.", Zane said and I felt my check heat up again. I always get compliments on my baking but whenever he does it, I just feel, extra special.

"I know! I told her that she would be lost without my baking and then she told me that there's other food that we can eat that's better."

"Well, there is something I think is better than cupcakes.", Zane said.

"Wait, what!? Who are you and what have you done with my Zane.", I joked but still shocked at what he said.

"You Nana, I think you're sweet enough for me already.", Zane said while coming behind me and kissing my cheek.

"Oh stop it you, flattery won't get you more cupcakes.", I teased him.

"What no. I really mean it Nana.", I blushed so hard I could swear that it looked like I was tomato. I quickly tried to hide it by throwing flour in his face.

"Hey! I compliment you and that's what I get?", he joked and took up some more flour than I had taken.

"H-hey Zane, you know I was just kidding; besides, it wasn't that much flour.", I backed away.

"Yeah, I know but..., this this just to make up for all the times you tried to force me to take off my mask when Katelyn is here."

"But you look so cute with your little freckles!", I squealed.

"Shhh! Now you definitely going to get it.", he began chasing me around the room with a handful of flour to throw at me.

"No Zane! NOOOOO!", I shouted as he threw the flour on me then began to tickle me making me fall down on top of him, our faces just inches apart.

"You know Zane, I'm glad I got to know you, the real YOU."

"Me too Nana. I love spending time with you, as Nana."

"Yeah, if I didn't know how much of a fluffy teddy bear you were I would have thought that you were just some cranky guy."

"Hey! Would a cranky guy do this?"

"Wha-", I was cut off by Zane's lips pressing against mine, I quickly melted into the kiss. I never wanted this moment to end. Yep, this one was a keeper. This was the one.