Chapter 32: A Hint?

Kim's POV

I was at Garroth's house hanging out with him. I was still trying to jog any memory of his father by showing him pictures.

"How about now?"

"I told you Kimmy, I don't have any idea who that man is.", he said slouching in the couch.

"*sigh* You have to remember something. I'm going to the rest room, be right back.", I said getting up.

I walked into the bathroom and splashed water on my face.

"Ghost, do have any idea how to get their memory back or why this even happened?"

"Hmm..., no. I really only heard of this once in my life where someone forgets a certain person.", she said.

"Are you talking about Aaron?"

"No, remember I said life. I remember it being done before but I can't remember who did it. It was a type of Magiks."

"Wait! So do you think someone is purposely causing this! Is there a way to fix this!?"

"Kimmy? Are you okay?", Garroth called.

"Uhh, yeah! Coming! I'll ask Lucinda later okay Ghost.", I whispered the last part to her.

I came out the bathroom and Garroth was still on the couch looking at pictures.

"Hey, Garroth. I'm going to head over to Lucinda's okay. I want to ask her something.", when I said that his ears flattened on top of his head and he did a small whimper. I couldn't help but aww.

He turned his face away embarrassed by want happened. "Oops, Garroth I forgot your still getting used to it.", I apologised.

"It's okay Kimmy. Either way, cya then.", he said getting up and walking me to the door.

"Bye.", I said waving back to him.

I walked to Lucinda's house to tell her of what Ghost just told me. I should have maybe told Garroth but I was in a hurry. I knocked on her door. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. Seriously, this woman needs to get out and socialise.

"Lucinda!", I called out knocking the door again.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Hold you horses! Geez, what so important?", she said as I heard her run down the stairs.

"Oh, hi Kim. What's the problem?", she said in a tired tone.

"Well, I think we have clues on both Ghost's past AND Garte's disappearance!", I exclaimed.

Lucinda's POV:

"Well, I think we have clues on both Ghost's past AND Garte's disappearance!", Kim shouted happily.

"What?! Really? What are they!", I said hurrying her inside.

"Ghost and I were talking and she brought out something about a person using a type of magiks to manipulate some ones memory."

"Really, I have never heard of it. So that means that Ghost is probably from somewhere that different types of magiks is prominent."

"Yep.", Ghost said.

"And, that the person who has Garte is probably a magiks user skilled in that type. This is a great clue guys!"

"Yep, but Lucinda, do you think like seeing that we know what caused this we could-", Kim began but I cut her off.

"No, I could try but remember I said probably, so we don't know for sure. But it is most likely."

"Oh okay. So what do we do know?"

"I'll contact the police about this saying I found it in a book somewhere or the internet. And you guys can do whatever.", I told her.

Kim walked out of the house and I decided to get ready. Maybe I should call someone to come with me? Aph, Katelyn or..., Laurance? Umm... I guess I could try Laurance. I picked up my phones and looked in recent and called him.

"Hello? Oh hey Lucinda!", his voice called through the phone.

"Hey. Umm, Laurance, do you think that you could come with me to the police station. I..., just don't want to have another run in with Ivan."

"Uh, sure! I'll be at your place in a minute."

"Thanks."

Laurance's POV

"Thanks", Lucinda's voice said as she hung up.

I was sitting on the couch and turned my face around to see Garroth doing a face goofy face.

"Umm, you okay?", I asked.

"You're going out with Lucinda aren't you?!", he exclaimed happily.

"G-Garroth, relax. I'm just walking with her to the police station."

"For what?", he asked.

"She didn't say."

"Oh okay. But you have a crush on her don't you!"

"W-what! No! Garroth, she's just a friend.", I defended.

"Sure... Either way, you should get going."

"Yeah.", I said getting up to go to my room and change.

I locked the door behind me and thought to myself, 'Do I actually like Lucinda?'

I shook the thought out of my head and got dressed. She's just a friend, right?