Chapter 57: The Plan

Kim's POV:

We had been walking for what felt like for ever when we finally heard talking. It was coming from in front of an ancient looking building. We crept up to it behind the bushes, trying to listen in.

"Where are they. They should be here by now. We have already wasted enough time.", a woman said annoyed, tapping her foot on the ground.

Katelyn crouched there, wide eyed that that was her mother. Beside Elizabeth stood Lucinda and two men in black, both broadly built.

"So what are we going to do?", Travis asked, keeping an eye on the group.

"...We need to stall them for as long as possible.", Aaron's father whispered and we nodded.

"Ghost. Do you think that you could possess Lucinda again?", I asked aloud.

"I'll try.", she said and floated out of my body.

Laurance was looking at me amazed at what just happened.

"When you get used to a ghost inside you it you feel practically nothing.", I told him looking from him back to ghost who had already made her way to Lucinda and possessed her.

She started running away and the two men cased her into the forest.

"I know your there.", Elizabeth called out.

She began walking in our direction but stopped when she heard footsteps coming from the other direction. She turned around and I quietly let out the air I had been holding in. The person behind her was Lily. Never in my whole life would I thought I would be glad to see Lily.

"Oh, it's you..., where's Garroth?", Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah, it's me. Garroth is around here somewhere. Either way here's your bag.", Lily handed her the bag.

Everyone sat there listening to the conversation, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"Did you actually lose him?", Elizabeth asked while looking through the bag.

"No. I didn't.", she folded her arms, "He just went on a walk I think. Besides, he was the one who lost someone."

"What do you mean?", Elizabeth raised an eyebrow.

"There was an 'accident' back the building with the guy with a mask and the cat girl."

I covered my mouth, "oh my Irene.", I whispered.

"Any way, where is the orange-haired girl and the guys?", Lily asked again.

"They went after her. She started acting up and ran away. I couldn't be bother to chase, so I sent them for her and I'll deal with the problem when they do."

"Oh okay. So I guess we're waiting?"

"*sigh * If they don't come in the next two minutes then yes."

Two minutes passed and they went to search for them and also during that time the sun had started to rise. So far Ghost is doing a great job.

We were about to plan when we heard rustling in the bushes.

"Who's there?", Laurance asked.

Katelyn picked up a stone and threw it at the bush and we heard someone speak, "Wow! That nearly hit me. Relax, it's just us.", Zack said stepping forward.

"You guys can't sneak up on us and not expect that to happen.", Katelyn defended.

"Back to the point. Where are they?", Aph asked.

"Ghost possessed Lucinda and is....", I trailed of feeling Ghost return to my body, "Ghost? What's wrong?", I asked aloud.

"They caught up to me and I wasn't looking forward to being trapped by Elizabeth.", she responded.

"What do we do now?", Travis asked then looked towards the building then back at us.

"We need to come up with another plan then. Aren't the police supposed to be here by now?", Aaron asked.

"Yes. Something is wrong then. Wait. Shh! Their coming back.", Aph said and we all ducked.

"Now that every has settled. Let's get down to business." Elizabeth said.

"Well, do you have all the things to do this thing?", Lily asked, Garroth still nowhere in sight.

"Yes. Well I hope so. It took a while to get most off the stuff. But I think there should be one more thing left."

"Which is?"

"If I knew I would have said so.", she said giving her an annoyed face.

"Okay. Okay.", she lifted up her hands as if defending herself, "Just tell me where and what it is and Garroth and I will go get it."

"Do you even know where he is?", Elizabeth asked still giving her the face.

"Yes. No. Maybe.", Elizabeth facepalmed, "I just now that he's never far away from where I am..., probably."

"Just go find him so we can get started please.", she said then walked away with Lucinda and the two henchmen into the building.

Lily walked away mumbling things that I'm sure that I'm glad I couldn't hear. When the coast was clear Derek pulled out his phone and began calling his wife.

"Where are the police?", he asked.

"They...umm... are having problems. But they should be there soon. We called a few hours ago and they should be there in two hours by now.", she said when he put her on speaker.

"Okay. Great."

"Just be safe all of you. And DON'T do anything stupid. I want you all back home and alive."

It was silent for a few minutes. How do we tell Vylad and Zianna...?

"Umm...yeah...we'll try...", Aphmau said then we hung up.

"So I guess that we just distract them for two hours and try not to die.", Katelyn said.

"Yes. And if we can get your friends out of the control of the potions.", Derek agreed.

"Okay. So I guess we're splitting up again...", I sighed.

"Yes. But let's never again go in groups of two. Please.", Aphmau said and we nodded.

Zack took Garte to the car we came in since that might be one of the safest places for him. Aph, Aaron, Laurance and I will try find Garroth before Lily. And the others will distract Elizabeth and get Lucinda out of the control of the potion.