Chapter 38: A Date? (part 2)

Lucinda's POV:

I walked up to Laurance and tapped him on the shoulder. He then turned around and said, "O-oh, hi Lucinda. What are you doing here?"

"You know exactly what I'm doing here and I have I feeling I know exactly what you're doing here."

"Yeah. I'm getting Ice-cream, at an ice-cream shop."

"Laurance! You're following me and I told you not to!"

"Actually you didn't-"

"Grr..., Laurance, just leave, you know there are better ways to say sorry than stalking me.", I turned around folding my arms.

"Well, there would be if you didn't block my number."

"Take a hint Laurance, I don't want to talk to you."

"But-"

"No buts! Ivan has obviously changed Laurance. And since you were 'stalking' me you should have seen what he did with the children.", I told him.

"Yeah, I did. I saw the whole thing. He paid those two to put on a fake fight."

"How was that fake?! The kid literally had bruises."

"Make up Lucinda."

"You don't have any proof.", I said turning my head.

"All the proof you need is right there.", Laurance gestured towards Ivan.

"W-what?", Ivan stuttered.

"He had this planned from the start. Ivan just used those kids as an act to try win you're heart again.", Laurance said turning back to me.

Then Ivan's phone started to ring. He answered it and I noticed a piece of paper fell out of his pocket. I went to pick it up while his answered the phone.

"Uhh, not now Joe. I have to umm..., do something." Joe, that was one of his cronies.

"What did Joe want?", I asked.

"Uhh, just checking up on me and stuff."

"Okay then. What's this?", I held up the paper that fell out of his pocket.

"I-it's nothing!"

"Sure.", I said opening it up. It read:

'-Bring Lucinda to shop at 1:20 to 1:40

-fight starts at 2:00 to 2: 15

-P.S. REMEMBER TO PAY THE BOYS'

"You staged that!?", I exclaimed.

"Lucinda, it's not what you think."

"Then what is it Ivan!?"

"It's, it's..."

"Exactly you don't have an explanation! You played me, AGAIN!"

"Well, if anything it's your fault. And..., how come I don't see you yelling of his ear? He basically stalked you and tried everything to ruin this.", he said pointing at Laurance.

"Ugh, I just..., can't bother with you two!"

"Lucy-", Ivan began trying to touch my shoulder.

"Don't Lucy me Ivan! And DON'T touch me!", I shouted at him.

"Lucinda, I'm sorry. I-", Laurance tried to say but I cut him off.

"No. Both of you are just the same.", I said walking away from both of them to my house.

"Lucinda! Wait!", I heard Laurance called running after me but that only caused me to run even more.

He chased me down all the way to my house even though it was really far away. Once I was at my door I quickly opened it and slammed the door in his face.

"Ouch!", I heard him yell.

"Laurance go away!", I shouted resting my back on the back of the door sitting down, my head in my knees.

"You were just complaining about me not apologising, now you don't want me too.", he mumbled.

"It's not like that... I just..."

"I understand if you want some time alone.", he said and I heard him start walking away.

I ran upstairs and threw myself in my bed. I can't believe I was fooled AGAIN by Ivan! I should be the one apologising. Laurance was right. And I just told him to get lost. I'm such a terrible friend! I then heard something downstairs break.

'What was that?!'