Chapter 31: Panic

Katelyn's POV:

We finally caught up to Aaron who was waiting impatiently like a little puppy. We then decided that Blaze probably was at the apartment the pups were staying at. Aphmau knocked on their door and Daniel opened it.

"Oh! Hey Aphmau! Hey Alpha! You would never guess who showed up.", he smiled as he let us in then stared in shock when the Lycan parents walked in.

"Blaze!", Aphmau exclaimed and jumped on the red-haired werewolf hugging him.

"Aph! Alpha!"

"Blaze! You're here!", Aaron exclaimed.

We all were still shocked at finding out that they were alive.

"Aphmau! Alpha! Blaze showed up at our door and told us that you, Aph, brought him back. How!?", Dottie asked.

Aphmau then repeated her story of meeting who we think is Irene, after Rylan and Maria came from the kitchen and they also explained what happened at starlight. "Wait, Garroth didn't you said Lucinda called you guys?", Aph asked.

"Yeah. I called to tell them to meet at you guys' house because I felt a magical and spiritual disturbance. Then we realised it was Aaron's and Melissa's parents.", Lucinda told us.

We decided that we would leave the werewolves, and the Lycans to rest and also. The others went home and Travis decided to come over while Kawaii~chan was with Zane. We walked into the house and decided to watch a movie.

"I'll get the popcorn while you chose the movie kay?", I told him while going into the kitchen but before turning around and told him, "And nothing to sappy."

I didn't get a verbal reply just a nod. I went into the kitchen, popped the snack, and poured it into a huge bowl. I came back to find The movie home screen on and Travis with his head in his hands.

"Travis?", I asked, "Are you okay?"

It didn't sound like he was crying. He looked up at me and it was evident he was. Wait...his eyes were, purple?

"Travis? What's wrong?"

"It was my fault Katelyn. I'm the reason they were dead in the first place.", he said softly.

"Travis it wasn't your fault. You couldn't do anything-"

"Exactly Katelyn! I couldn't do anything. I didn't do anything. People got hurt. People died because of me. All because I couldn't fight back!", he shouted.

"Travis.", I said trying to calm the situation down, "You did what you could."

"Well, what I did wasn't enough!"

"Travis you were trying to protect me. And besides, it's all over now and they are back and okay."

"What if Aphmau couldn't have brought them back Katelyn?! And for all we know Garroth and Zane's father is still missing and they can't remember him because of me!", he exclaimed and his skin getting a slight darker colour, "What if..., I'm just like him..., the demon warlock."

That's it! I'm not letting him talk that crap to himself!

"Travis!", I shouted making him jump and look up in shock, "It wasn't your fault! You did what you could and that's what matters! For all we know if you had fought back in those few minutes it could've been worse. You were trying to protect me Travis when I couldn't when I was at my weakest. You are nothing like the demon warlock and will never be."

"But-"

"No buts Travis. We talked about the touching butts thing.", I joked trying to cheer him up and it worked. I got a small chuckle out of him.

"Travis," I began again, "You are the sweetest, most caring person I've ever met. You have always known how to cheer me up ever since high school. You're nothing like him Travis, and never will be.", I said hugging him and him hugging back.

After we parted I saw his eyes were back to their emerald green and skin back to its tan complexion. He noticed me starting and asked what was wrong. I told him it was nothing because I didn't want him to feel whatever he was feeling again. I pressed the play button on the remote and began to watch the movie.

"Travis..."

"Yeah Katelyn?"

"Just remember that you'll always be loved okay. I want you to know I'll always be there for you and so will the others, no matter what."

"Thanks Katelyn.", he said kissing my forehead.

I leaned on him and watched the movie. Feeling the last piece of love that I wanted since my mother left. It wasn't motherly love but it just filled the hole that was left. I hope that he never leaves me, and that I will be able to keep that promise to him.