Chapter 34: Fight!

Lucinda's POV:

I woke up feeling sunlight on my face. I turned in my bed to shield my eyes, then I saw the time on my alarm clock, '9;00 am'. I woke up earlier than expected but it's worth it. I climbed out of bed and got dressed and had breakfast. I was planning on going to see the Lycans and Blaze to see if they had any hints as to the were abouts of Garte. Not to mention that outing I'm supposed to have with Ivan. I should probably call Aph to tell her I'm coming over.

"Hello?", Aph's voice said through the phone.

"Hey Aph, it's me Lucinda."

"Oh hey! What are you doing up so early? Does it have to do with a certain someone..., maybe Laurance?", she cooed.

"Aphmau! N-no. I just wanted to ask if it would be okay to come over to ask Aaron's parents some questions.", I told her.

"Sure. But I still think you like Laurance!"

"Aph!"

"Fine. Fine. When will you be over?"

"Is..., the next hour okay?", I asked looking over at my clock.

"Sure! Cya!"

We hung up and I went to make sure that I was ready. Then I heard a knock at the door. I went to answer it and there stood Laurance and Kim side by side.

"Oh hey guys. What do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

"Oh well, Ghost wanted to see if you would be going to ask the Lycans about Garte.", Kim told me.

"Yeah, I am going in the next hour. You can come if you want and Laurance?", I said turning to him.

"Umm..., could I ask you something, in private?"

"Sure. Kim, wait here for a sec okay?"

"No prob.", she replied.

I walked into the kitchen with Laurance who seemed a bit nervous.

"Is everything okay?", I asked him.

"Yeah, well I think everything's okay.", he said.

"What does that mean?"

"What did Ivan want to talk to you about yesterday?", he asked giving me the 'something's up' look.

"Nothing. As I said, he just wanted me to reconsider being his girlfriend again.", I told him.

"Well yeah, I buy that but you're dressed like you're going out on a date."

"Well, that's because I always dress this fashionably and your just noticing.", I told him turning my head.

"I mean, yeah you always do but..., he asked you to meet with him didn't he?"

I stood there frozen in place; my eyes widened in shock.

"So I'm guessing I was right then.", he said folding his arms.

"Yeah, so what if I was? What's the problem?", I ask sassily.

"The problem is that he's probably trying to use you again Lucinda. You and I both know this."

"I can take care of myself Laurance!"

"Lucinda, he's a warlock and knowing him he's probably going to play dirty again!"

"So!? Are you saying Witches and Warlocks are bad now?!", I asked my back turned to him.

"No! Not what I meant! You don't have any way of defending yourself!"

"Yes I do!"

"What are you going to do? Through your heals at him!? Lucinda, I don't think you should go."

"What!? I can take care of myself Laurance!", I shouted at him.

"Yeah, I know you can but-"

"But what Laurance!?", I cut him off, "Just because I don't have my magic doesn't mean I can't protect myself. At starlight and other times I did just fine!"

"That was when you had you magic! If Kim and Ghost weren't there you would have died on the cannon!"

"So you're saying that I can't take care of myself and that I need someone to look after me!?", I asked turning around to him and stomping my foot.

"No! Gosh, not what I'm trying to say.", he said running his hand through his hair.

"Then what are you trying to say Laurance!? Do you really think that I need a babysitter!?"

"No! I just..."

"You just what Laurance?", I asked slamming my hand on the table and then looking at the clock on the wall, "I have to get going Laurance.", I told him picking up my bag in the chair beside me.

"Lucinda wait! Please think this over!", he called back to me.

"I have Laurance, and I can't really see how you're any better than Ivan. The keys are beside the coat rack. Lock up when you're done and leave them at Aph's.", I said and turned around to go to the outside.

"What was that? We heard shouting.", Kim asked when I came outside.

"I-it was nothing. Let's go. I have to be somewhere by one.", I told her.

We walked off and I looked back at the house door still open. The place where I told the one of the only guys I actually felt close to, to get lost.