Chapter 33

Lucinda's POV

Laurance and I had just gone to the police station and reported our new hint. When we were just a few blocks from my house I had an idea, "Hey Laurance! What if Blaze or Aaron's parents have clues about Garte's disappearance?!"

"Huh? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and see-", he was then cut off by a car driving up beside us.

The window rolled down and I saw..., Ivan and his cronies.

"What do you want Ivan?", I was clearly annoyed by just seeing his face.

"I just want to talk to you Lucy."

"I told you before, don't ever call me that. Besides, we're done!", I said turning my head away and folding my arms.

Ivan came out of the car and told one of his cronies to drive the car to his place. They drove off and then Ivan turned to us again.

"Please Lucinda."

"I. SAID. NO.", I told him sternly.

"I-"

"She said no Ivan. Now get away from her.", Laurance cut him off giving him a death glare.

"*sigh * Lucy-err, Lucinda, please, can I talk to you... alone?", the warlock asked turning to Laurance.

"Laurance, it's okay. I can take care of myself.", I told him.

Laurance hesitated but soon nodded and went ahead by about one or two blocks.

"Now, what do you want?", I asked coldly.

"Just for us to be back together Lucy."

"Call me that one more time and you won't have a tongue to say it with after."

"Woah, woah. Calm down. Okay, listen here-"

"Listen to what Ivan. So far you have just been wasting my time."

"Just listen. Does that brown hair guy know you don't have magic anymore?", he asked.

"Why is this important?"

"Just answer the question."

"Yes. He does, why do you care?"

"Well, what ever happened for you to lose your magic must have made him feel guilty and seeing as you probably like him and-"

"What are you talking about!? He's just a friend.", I said trying to get on with what he wanted to tell me.

"Sure..., either way, what if he's just hanging around you still cause he feels bad for you."

"Ivan, if you are done wasting my time, I got to go now.", I said trying to walk past him."

"Lucinda wait..., I still love you and I just want you back in my life."

"I have never met a sadder person than you ever.", I told him. I mean that's probably not true... but yeah.

"Lu-", he began but was cut off by Laurance shouting from the other block, "Hey! Are you guys done yet!"

"Almost!", I shouted back.

"Looks like your boyfriend wants you again. Just like how I want you.", I honestly have had enough so I slapped him square in the face.

"Ivan that's it. I'm leaving.", I said walking away toward Laurance.

"Lucinda, is-", Laurance began but I cut him off.

"Everything is fine. Let's just go.", we walked away but what Ivan was telling me, or trying to tell me stuck in my mind. Stop it Lucinda! Ivan was just trying to mess with you.

We finally got to my door after a few minutes of silence and me thinking to myself.

"Umm, Thanks Laurance.", I told him.

"No problem. Uhh, Lucinda, Ivan-"

"Laurance, there is nothing wrong. He just came to me again with the same crappy excuses.", I cut him off and fake yawned, "Oh well, I got to get going to bed."

"Okay then, cya Lucinda.", he said walking away as I went inside.

I looked on my phone and saw a text message from an unknown number.

****Text messages****

???: Hey.

Lucinda: Who is this?

???: It's me, Ivan.

Lucinda: Seriously 😒

Ivan: Yes, seriously.

Lucinda: I told you to get lost.

Ivan: Lucinda, I just want to make things right.                                                                                                                   But before you block me just listen

           Look*

Lucinda: You have five mins 🙄

Ivan: Okay, Lucinda.

          I know that what I did was wrong, and I want                                                                                                            to make it up to you. At 1:00 tomorrow meet                                                                                                            me at the park. I promise I'll be alone. If you don't                                                                                                want to come then fine but I just want to show you I've changed.

Lucinda: Fine. 😒

                                           I'll come. But not on a date. 

And the second you mess up I'm gone.

Ivan: Great! See you soon! 😁

***back in Lucinda's POV***

"*sigh*What have I gotten myself into now?"