Chapter 23

***At Lucinda's Potion shop***

Lucinda's POV

I was at the store with Laurance cleaning it up before opening time. When it was finally time I opened the shop and customers came pouring in. Laurance took orders while I gave out the potions. Just when it was just ten minutes before closing time and Laurance was at the back, someone I wished that I never saw again came in with two of his cronies.

"Hey Lucy.", Ivan..., my ex said.

"Store's closing soon. What potions do you want?", I asked in an annoyed tone.

"Just for you to be mine again.", he said.

"Ivan, three years ago I told you that I wasn't interested in you anymore. You broke my heart once; I won't let you do it again."

"Ugh, fine. At least accept this broach to say I'm sorry.", he said showing me a red and orange broach.

"I'm a witch, not an idiot. I know you poisoned the pin with a love potion."

"See this is why I love you Lucy. Because your both beautiful and smart."

"Flattery won't get you anywhere."

"C'mon Lucy. Just get back with me-", he was cut off by a male's voice.

"I believe that she said no already Ivan. And if you don't stop and leave now we're going to have to charge you with Harassment of an employee.", Laurance said coming from the back room trying his best to sound offical like.

"Ugh, you again. Mind your own business, besides I'm sure if Lucy wanted me gone she would have just used her Magic to kick me out.", I hung my head slightly.

"Oh, I don't think she has Magic any more Ivan.", one of his friends said.

"Really? Then when are we even wasting time here?", the other asked.

"Ivan! LEAVE. NOW.", Laurance demanded.

"What are you going to do lover boy. Eh, Lucy is this your new boyfriend?"

"No, he's just a friend Ivan."

"Makes sense. Why would anyone want to date such a weak witch like yourself.", another of his cronies said. Tears Started to fill my eyes.

"Get. Out. All. Of. You." Laurance demanded again, "Or. Else."

"Or what?", Ivan questioned. Laurance then threw a potion at them turning them into cats. He then took a broom and began to chase them out.

"Lucinda don't listen to them okay?", he said coming back into the store and closing the door.

"But they're right Laurance. I'm nothing without my magic."

"That's not true. That's not the Lucinda I know. The Lucinda I now wouldn't give a crap about what they think. Lucinda..., you're the best witch I have ever met, with or without magic.", he said lifting my head to look him in the eyes.

"Thanks Laurance.", I said hugging him, "I really needed that."

"No problem. Now c'mon, lets lock up the shop.", he said and I nodded. I'm so lucky to have a friend like Laurance.