Chapter 70

Zane's POV:

Everyone went home except for Garte and I. He pulled me aside to the side of Aph and Aaron's house. He looked at me from top to bottom with a smile on his face then hugged me. Well, that was unexpected.

"Umm..., yeah. I am also.", I said putting my hands in my pocket.

It was one thing for someone to hug me- apart for Garroth, Nana or Aph. It's another thing when I don't even know or remember who this person was. I know that he's supposed to be my dad, but nothing else. For me it's just..., awkward.

"Oh yeah. *Ahem* Well, we should be going to our own homes.", Garte said looking a bit disappointed.

"Yeah.", I rubbed the back of my head and stepped to the side for him to walk pass, then I followed and went to my house.

Laurance, and Garroth we're already in their rooms doing whatever, so I decided to do the same. I threw myself on the bed and recapped the events of today and last night in my mind, from when we found out Lucinda was missing to when Garte spoke to me. I felt a part of me know who Garte was but, it was still blurry. I actually felt bad. I forgot someone in my family for the second time because of stupid magic.

I covered my face with my hands and sighed. I looked out the window and it was almost sunset. I went over to my closet and took out another set of clothes then went into the bathroom to freshen up. I came out and Laurance was downstairs making dinner I guess, and I think I heard Kim in Garroth's room. I was going downstairs when Kim came out of the room closing the door behind her.

"Oh hey Zane!", she said when she turned around and saw me.

"Hey."

"So yeah, I'm heading home now. Cya guys!", she said as she walked down the stairs.

I walked back into my room and laid on the bed again, thinking. Garroth was probably upset that he couldn't go back into his human form, so I don't want to put him in an even worse mood. I turned on the Tv in my room and began to watch My Little Horsie, just something to take my mind of things for a while.