Chapter 37: A Date?

Lucinda's POV:

I made my way to the park and went towards the bridge. When I arrived there I saw Ivan.

"Hey Lucy- err Lucinda!", he waved.

"Umm, hi."

"So, I wanted to take you out on a special treat.", he said rubbing the back of his head.

"But you said it wasn't a date.", I folded my arms.

"No-no. It's not, just a treat to say I'm sorry for the other day at your shop and you're Halloween party."

"*sigh* Lets go.", I told him causing him to smile.

We walked over to the ice-cream shop next to the park and he bought two cones. For me he got Strawberry-Mango and for himself he got Cotton Candy. He handed me my ice-cream and we began to eat.

"Wow. I can't believe you remembered."

"Remembered what?", he asked.

"Remembered my favourite ice-cream flavour."

"Oh, it was nothing.", he said rubbing the back of his head once again.

Then I heard shuffling and shouting from the direction of the park's sand box. We walked closer to see what the noise was and we saw boys circled around another two shouting, 'fight.' Over and over. There was a boy in a red polo shirt who was beating up another.

"What the hell! Where are their parents!?", I asked Ivan. He just shrugged. Seeing this happen gave me back some bad memories that I hated brought up... Highschool when Ein was the Male Alpha, and that lead to the Lodge, which lead up to Starlight.

Ivan's POV:

I looked over to Lucy and saw tears in her eyes. And she began shouting, "Stop! Get away from him!"

When since did she cry? Either way, that just means part of my plan is working.

"I said get away from him!", Lucinda shouted pushing her way through the crowd of boys.

"And what are you going to do about it lady?", said the boy in a red shirt.

"I can call your parents.", Luccinda fired back.

"So? I don't give a fu-", he began but I cut him off.

"Language! Now you heard the lady. Break it up. NOW!", I demanded striking fear into the kids around.

"U-umm, sure. Just don't tell my parents please!", the bully begged.

"That all depends on how fast the whole lot of you gets out of here. One.", I began counting and all of them ran away except for the child who was getting beat up. He was in a green shirt.

"Thanks Mr. and Ms!", he said hugging me and then going to hug Lucinda.

"It was no problem kid.", I said pushing down my pride, "Here, use this you buy yourself something.", I said handing him an envelope.

The kid walked away and Lucinda had a huge smile on her face.

"You really have changed, haven't you.", she told me and I nodded.

"I guess your good company rubbed off on me.", I said causing her smile to be bigger.

"Thank-you.", she whispered hugging me.

Lucinda's POV:

"Thank-you.", I whispered while hugging him.

I quickly drew away realising what I was doing, "oh, umm..., sorry.", I told him.

"Not a problem.", he told me but then I spotted some one oddly familiar with light brown hair at the ice cream store we were just at. He turned around so that I could see his face but saw that I noticed him then turned back around.

"Hey, isn't that...", Ivan began.

"Laurance?"